Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

OMG! Th1rd Haynd Smowke???

14 posts in this topic

http://www.greatdebateforum.com/showthread.php?t=97

Apparently there is a such thing as "Third Hand Smoke" where all the gasses left behind from smoking a cigarette cling to surfaces! Wowee! Thanks, Doctor Dipshit. You've confirmed something we all know, and don't care about. Unless you're rubbing your face on every surface in the same room where someone has smoked, nothing will probably happen to you.

And of course, this "Third Hand Smoking" article in that link was brought to you by "The New York Times".

Since "Third Hand Smoke" is such a danger, I think what we should do is ban every last dangerous item in existence. Guns, forks, knives, baseball bats, computers (The screen gives off miniscule amounts of radiation. Not enough to cause any REAL health problems. Correct me if I'm wrong EON8.), and even rolled up newspapers could be deadly too!

But seriously, that was sarcasm. These people like treating the general public like children... Even if the general public has the intelligence of one. It shouldn't matter how smart a person is, they still have rights.

There's the difference between an elitist left-wing faggot and me. They only care about the people who lock-step and follow them blindly, and others who are as oppressive as they are. While on the other hand, I'm freedom-loving and kickass.

For liberals, you sure like saying you love equality and civil liberties, but when it comes to smoking, you sure seem to be Nazis about it.

I think we can all agree that I'm right here.

CRT computer monitors are the ones that give off trace amounts of radiation. The older the model the more it emits. The same with CRT TV's. The LCD ones we have now of course don't. Nothing to really worry about as a lot of products we use give off tiny amounts of radiation. For example smoke detectors do.

I had an aunt that basically chain smoked her entire life. For the last ten or so years of it she never opened any windows or doors in her house. It was so disgusting in there it would make you puke. Everything had a thick crust of nicotine on it. After she died my uncle bought the house. He had to go in there with a respirator and continually wash the walls with straight bleach and other chemicals to try and remove it all. Then he repainted every room with a special order blocking paint. Even after that you would still get random whiffs of it. Needless to say he moved out about a year later.

Damn, that's crazy. But they're talking about even in well ventilated areas with fans and such, it's that much of a hazard, which is bullshit. With windows open with fans and such, you'd be fine.

Yeah everything these days is regarded as a health hazard in some way shape or form. Like trans fats. Where the fuck did that come from? It gives the exercise, eat right, die anyway saying a whole new meaning. Eggs is another one that can't be decided if they're good for you or not. Even since my parents were young its flip flopped whether they are or not.

Well, what do you expect from California anyway? It's the playground of hippies, liberals, and crazy people. I think Gallagher said it best: "LA is like a bowl of granola. Between fruits and nuts are flakes."

California is one of the top 3 states on my list I never want to visit.

Below California is New York and like... Ohio or something.

Yeah I live in San Diego, and i'm a smoker, and if someone doesn't like that you smoke, they will let you know in the most rude of ways, by coughing when they walk by you, as if there isn't enough air outside that my smoking is really going to inhibit their air.

Funnier than hell one day, I had to do a field project for my biology course and I had to go to the tide pools down in La Jolla, I was sitting on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette and this lady comes walking up the sidewalk, cell phone against her head talking away, coffee in the cup holder of her babies stroller and ofcourse one hand pushing the stroller. As she approached me she looked at me with this horrified look and told the person on the phone,"Hold on one minute there's a smoker here" and she turned completely around and I never saw her again.

California has some ridiculous laws, like recently they passed no talking on a phone while your driving, cool whatever, but you could still text...WTF?!?!?!Needless to say, they fixed that real quick and is now in effect that you basically can't use a phone while driving at all...Starting...2 days ago on the first.

Yeah, with all the anti-smoking propoganda out there, people turn into real assholes about it.

That's rediculous, "Hold on, there's a smoker here". That bitch probably got her baby run over by a semi while talking on her cell phone later that day.

personally, i really dont care about people smoking in ventilated areas. its none of my concern