Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

What did you do today?

31 posts in this topic

This seems to be a popular thread on my other board so we'll see what happens. You post here telling what you've been up to since last you logged in for example. It doesn't have to be specifically for every day.

Plus I wanted to tell you about my day yesterday. :P

I had a computer job to go on yesterday. I thought no big deal as it was supposed to be just setting up a new computer for a client whos house i've been to twice before in around a four year time span. I figured it would take around an hour or two max and I was to meet the husband for the first time. I wasn't really looking forward to that because their house is worth somewhere over a million which leads me to assume that the guy was going to be a prick.

I had to be there for 6:00 in the afternoon. So I show up and meet the husband and sure enough he has a prick arrogance about him. :P We go into the kitchen and theres freaking nine big boxes piled up from Dell. I carry all of them up three floors to their attack which was 87 degrees. Then the guy takes out a notebook rattles off for three pages everything he wants done. I'm thinking to myself holy shit this is going to take forever. I didn't say anything which I should have but was too busy sweating bullets and unpacking boxes. Unpacking everything took nearly an hour alone. The next step was to feed the printer wires blindly through a hole around the diameter of your finger. The computer was to be setup in this stupid counter/shelving unit thing that was attached to the wall. He was helping me and we got the usb cable through with a coat hanger but then he got the power cable stuck bad. He told me that he had to go out to dinner with some people in an hour and he didn't think everything he wanted done would take this long. I had to hold myself back from calling him a fucking idiot. He then proceeded to spend the next 45 minutes floundering around trying to get the cable unstuck. I knew I would be able to get it unstuck in a minute or two so I nicely kept telling him to leave to go to dinner because he was late as it was and I would play around with it. Finally after 10 minutes of that he finally left and I got it unstuck basically right afterwords.

I was so relieved to be in the house alone as I could make a hell of a lot more progress. I kept going downstairs where the central air was on to cool off which helped a lot! They ended up being gone for three hours. I was able to get their new computer all set up and their internet and wireless networking fixed in that time. But by that time i've been there for 5 hours already and its 11:00 at night.

So they get back and the guy makes me setup his wifes desktop the way she likes, install programs she likes, and show her how to use Vista and use her digital camera. That took over an hour and pissed me off all the more but I was keeping it bottled up inside. Now its past midnight and i've been there since 6 in the afternoon.

We still had his new laptop to set all up and network two of those new wireless printers. I figure ok hes going to tell me that I did enough and that he would have me come back another day. Nope the fucking piece of shit wanted it all completed now! So now I had to do the exact same thing with him and his laptop that I had to do with his wife! After we finished that it was after 1:00 in the morning. He had the audacity to tell me that we STILL had the wireless printer networking to do.

Since i've never done it before I didn't know the exact steps and was having a real hard time figuring it out. So he calls up Dell and talks to some guy. Well since hes to big of a moron to figure out anything the guy from Dells telling him he hands me the phone. Nothings ready so I start running around the room again connecting stuff and running things etc... I'm starting to sweat profusely now and getting visibly pissed off. After I hang up with Dell I start swearing and tell the guy that im fucking aggravated now! That this is fucking bullshit! Ive been here for nine hours with no breaks and i'm fucking tired of this shit now!

After my little outburst I was able to get the printers working. Then I cleaned up, got paid, had a few more choice words with the guy, and left. All in all the job from start to finish took ten hours with no breaks. I started at 6:00 in the afternoon yesterday and got home here at 4:00 in the morning. >:(

That was the longest computer job I have ever been on and one of the most horrible. I've felt like shit all day today and have been completely miserable.

Sorry for the long read it was more of a rant to make myself feel better about the whole situation.

i got up late, school doesnt start till wedsday for me, and i checked facebook hotmail gmail msn eon see whats new.... and then went downstairs and ate a muffen and cherios like always.. then ran to my buddys house to check out his weird airsoft gun that was lame, then my buddy and i went to the mall, he needed to get osmething, and we made fun of people. came back home and cooked stake on the bbq. Then had a bunch of people over for a hangout tme and then I just snuck out of my house to go drop something off that this girl left at my house. shes really cool but i dont know if i like her or w/e girls are weirda nyways i think im gay... Lol jk

anyways now im back on eon just replying and stuff I love it

that was my borin day

I got up and then took a shower. I had to take another one because I didn't get all the shampoo out of my hair. :- I then went on a computer job which ended up being pointless. Then that guy who I wrote about in my initial post called seven times. His printer networking bullshit he wanted is all messed up. He was the one that probably did it. Anyway, he can kiss the fattest part of my ass if he thinks i'm ever going back there again. :P

I got up and showered, then I went to a car dealership to look at some rice burners. (Jap Cars) After that I came home and got on E8.

I went outside tonight at 10:00 to shovel and clean off my truck as we got around 8" of snow. I was out there for an hour and a half but it felt like hours. Probably because it was 15deg. with a windchill of -2deg.

I brought my 68 Camaro to a car show today which was the first time in six years and won a big trophy.

Shit I went to sleep

Couldn't go until like 1:30 because people kept texting me >.>

Congrats for the trophy Director

And that first post you made musta sucked ass

I just got up.

Was E8 not thy first choice?

The facebooks is pretty boring IMO.

Hello all I took a shit today:

3 People Liked This!

4 Comments:

Fucking awesome dude

flskdfsnd

Hahahaha

Hey come to this gig

I myself have a myspace, but seeing as how it's dead, I'll be deleting that soon

Mmm the facespaces.