Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Windows 7 Beta???

55 posts in this topic

Yeah im sure they are. The torrent sites always seem to have a nice little quick way of getting all the new stuff for Microsoft out as soon as it is released. Kinda nice though, some if it ya just dont wanna pay for, which they make you pay for everything. Torrent sites are the internets little angels.

Most of it I just don't want to pay for. :tongue: Thats why I love torrents. P2P file sharing is worthless in my opinion for many reasons I won't get into since this is about windows 7 beta.

I just found out that microsoft decided to raise the download limit! It can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

I have a spare computer that has the specs to run it besides the required gig of memory. It currently has no memory. It had a gig of patriot memory in it but I ended up pulling it out to sell to a client when it was discovered their computer had a memory problem. Instead of ordering them memory I sold them mine for twice as much and told them I ordered it. :tongue:

I want to try this beta so bad that i'm going to order another memory stick for it tomorrow. :smile:

Yeah, I don't think im going to try the beta either. With my luck, my computer will burst into flames and the gates of hell will open up and swallow me whole for trying to do such a thing.

Yeah it sounds like it would be awesome, judging by the demonstrations and everything, but ya never know. And yeah, if, IF, I had another computer I might try it.

I just ordered the memory for that spare computer I have. Should be here monday or tuesday. Can't wait to try out this new operating system. I wonder what they will decide to name the final product?

Interesting, it looks like it oughta be a nice system, but I would really like to see windows allow for complete customization, like, able to make your own stuff, with-out editing actual windows files and such.

Once again, Microsoft has created an OS far behind it's necessary time for it's arrival. Not only has the infamous Vista been out for only a short time but it was unleashed way too early. So many things where wrong with it, bugs, errors...ect. and yet Mircosoft feels its time to hit the public with yet another, more 'flamboint' OS; even fancier than Vista's and already progressed into it's Beta form.

Thats the only reason why I havn't dl Vista yet; the bugs and errors, shit not workin with Vista, I already get all that with XP so why deal with it in a newer form. Windows se7en is going to be Microsoft's BIGGEST mistake ever.

In my opinion, it's just too ahead of it's time; Microsoft should be smart (how ironic) and wait Vista out, THEN unravel a new OS to the public!

I forgot that tomorrows a holiday so i'm guessing my memory will be here tuesday.

Technically Microsofts biggest mistake ever was Millennium edition. What happened with that was when windows 2000 came out everyone thought it was the successor to 98 for use in homes. The problem was that it wasn't. It was mainly meant for businesses. Consequently they said "oh shit" and had to pull something out of their asses over night thus Millennium edition was born.

There was a major memory glitch in it that made it handle memory and caching incorrectly. It either couldn't be fixed or they didn't care as they were working on XP at the time.

You know how it was known as Windows ME? The joke was that the ME stood for Memory Eater. :tongue:

Yeah I never messed with ME I went from 95 to XP, IDK i still like 95, as slow and outdated as it may be, I have an attachment to it...Haha.

Well looks like I won't be trying out the beta any time soon. On wednesday I had a computer job to go on and the persons hard drive was toast. I told them I would order a new one and that it would be here friday. I would install it and load on windows and all of that jazz over the weekend and bring their computer back on monday. I ordered the hard drive from Newegg. There was a problem with the order and instead of coming friday it won't be here until this coming tuesday. It will then take me two days to install it and load everything back on. So the people won't have their computer back until this friday. When I told them they were kind of mad because they needed their computer back by monday to pay bills. Its not my fucking fault but to be a nice guy I told them on monday I would bring them a loner computer they could use for the week. That computer is my spare one. Thus now I won't be able to try the beta until at least next weekend.