Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
TomorrowTomorrow

Thumper

28 posts in this topic

On any given night, it seems to be whenever Thumper feels like it, I'll hear a thumping right outside of my window, like boots tramping on hollow earth. This has been happening for quite a few years, now, and once or twice when the neighbors looked after the house whilst we were gone, they have claimed to see someone standing out there.

Not too far from the house are the now-buried ruins of a barn, which seemed to extend a bit under the earth even when the rest of the ruins were visible, as evidenced by my digging up of a ruined, dirty baby doll (in three or four pieces) when planting one of the cypresses that are now visible from my window. On the dirt slope leading to the riverbank there's a multitude of old bottles and rusted, ruined pieces of an old horse-drawn carriage, and one theory a friend of mine mentioned was that it could be the horse stomping and waiting to go somewhere.

Once, the same friend and I were in my room, when we both got the sudden, powerful feeling of dislike. We felt as if something really, really wanted us out, and my dog seemed to feel it too, and was eager to come outside with us. Mentally forced outside of the house, we went around and took a walk for a half and hour, and when we returned it had been replaced by what could only be described as grudging resentment.

Any theories of your own?

If I learned anything from watching Ghost Hunters on sci-fi it sounds like a residual haunting. You know like a broken record. The same part gets played over and over again...

If I learned anything from watching Ghost Hunters on sci-fi it sounds like a residual haunting. You know like a broken record. The same part gets played over and over again...

The question is what's being played.

The question is what's being played.

Simple. Here's the kiddie version.

You: Hey, I'm going about my life!

Spirit: Hey, this is (insert year it was alive here) and wtf are you doing (in my house/where I died/something to do with whatever reason I'm stuck here)?! For some reason I cannot directly interact with you but I sure as hell can leave an emotional imprint of how I'd feel if someone broke into (my house/where I died/something to do with whatever reason I'm stuck here).

[you leave and come back for whatever reason]

Then the cycle repeats. It would do so regardless of whether it was you some other random person. Parapsychology speculates that the residual personality (for lack of a better word) is just that. An imprint of what the person was like. So the entity will act and react exactly as that person did in life, in whatever year they were alive, and however the building was when they were alive.

To build off my most recent post: I forgot to mention that the "broken record" type of haunting isn't necessarily limited to the entity reacting to "someone breaking into their space." It may also be a moment in their life, good or bad. There have been similar reports to yours, but with happier feelings. They're just less known because people have a tendency to "just go along with" the good and focus on/report the bad. Some residuals have had visual and/or audible reenactments of these events reported. Certain persons claiming to be mediumistic/clairvoyant/psychic,etc claim to even be able to see/hear/feel first-person accounts of the incident from the entity's point of view.

What I said previously is different from your stereotypical spirit in that, if the entity was "the person themselves" and not just an imprint (their mind, and not just their personality, on other words), they'd have at least some intelligence. I.E. they wouldn't just repeat the same cycle, they'd understand that time had passed since their passing (or at least most of them do), and/or be able to more efficiently communicate. Most examples of "actual" hauntings range from the emotion imprint you mentioned, to changes in atmosphere (ear popping, cold/warm, breeze, electromagnetic), to EVP, to actual manifestations (both with and without verbal communication have been reported). Most of these variety of spirits are the leave-you-alone-if-you-leave-them-alone sort. Naturally, as with living humans, there are the good and the bad, however, and I've heard some pretty nasty tales of spirits purposely tormenting people.

As you can probably tell, I can go on and on with this crap as it has been an interest/fascination of mine. One of these days I'll have to create a topic detailing my experiences.

my room is nxt 2 my brothers room nd his bed is against the wall on my side nd when he sleeps his head bangs against the wall on my side. does that count as a thump?

my room is nxt 2 my brothers room nd his bed is against the wall on my side nd when he sleeps his head bangs against the wall on my side. does that count as a thump?

Uhhh... That counts as awkward. People don't bang their head against a wall when "sleeping." Not without having some force push them against said wall, having some form of tourettes or parkinsons, or having a :ahem: guest in their room. Also: people don't bang their head against the wall, for whatever reason, and not wake up IF they are, in fact, sleeping. O_o

My beds against a wall and I have yet to bang my head against it while sleeping. eek13.gif

You sure its not something like his knee, elbow, or heel?

My beds against a wall and I have yet to bang my head against it while sleeping. eek13.gif

You sure its not something like his knee, elbow, or heel?

Perhaps he does it on purpose when he can't sleep under some "if I can't sleep, my brother won't either" sort of deal? Or if he's a restless sleeper he might be moving back and forth a lot while asleep and cause the bed itself to make the a thump/band/noise?

haha. thats a possibility but he rolls around when he sleeps nd he rolls up against the wall, banging into it

Well there you have it. He's just an extremely heavy sleeper then. I still doubt he bangs against it with his head, asleep or no. Tends to lead to waking up or at least having a headache in the morning. :tongue:

its like IMPOSSIBLE 2 wake him up. nd it takes him like 2 secs 2 fall asleep. i remember he banged against the wall, waking me up so i went in his room 2 wake him up nd i kept shaking him but he wouldnt wake up

its like IMPOSSIBLE 2 wake him up. nd it takes him like 2 secs 2 fall asleep. i remember he banged against the wall, waking me up so i went in his room 2 wake him up nd i kept shaking him but he wouldnt wake up

Well all you can do is learn to enjoy it, otherwise you will never find peace.

haha. well in the winter i stayed in this hotel that gave out earplugs nd stuff so i took a whole bunch of them nd now i use them evry 1ce in a while

haha. well in the winter i stayed in this hotel that gave out earplugs nd stuff so i took a whole bunch of them nd now i use them evry 1ce in a while

I find it awkward that the hotel found it necessary to give out earplugs...

haha same here. evrytime they cleaned the rooms they would put a small 'guest bag' with a pair of earplugs, blindfolds, nd a mini thing of febreeze