Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Circuit City going out of business

15 posts in this topic

Now is your chance to get anything circuit city offers at a discounted rate as they are going out of business and shutting down ALL their stores. So basically anything you need/want that techie or fun, go to circuit city and buy your shit.

It was this big deal because they decided to grace where I live with one. Now a year later its closing up. :laugh:

They went down because, not only where the prices outrageous, but there was no variety within products they sold. No doupt about it, stores like Best Buy and websites like Newegg.com put them out of business, offering more variety of shit at a decent price.

Theres a bestbuy around 20 minutes from here. Not that I would ever go anyways. I would never step foot in any electronics store. Anything these places have for sale I can find for half price or lower online. :tongue:

Indeed. I just wish I could find the i7 processor for cheap, instead of like 5-700 bucks depending on which i7 you go for. I wanna build a computer, but I need to be able to afford around 2g's to build the one that will stand the test of time...or atleast last 10 years and still be grand and great. Figure ill just wait to graduate in 4 1/2 years and build it than, once I have a job and new shit has come out.

All I need is $600 to build myself a new computer and I can't even get that. Mine now that I built is somewhere around six years old. Unless I get some unforeseen money from someplace I think what i'm going to have to do is just bite the bullet and buy myself a cheap used Dell or HP off ebay thats only a year or two old. 85% of my computer usage involves the internet so I don't need anything special.

Back to Circuit City. According to their site they aren't going completely out of business. Just in America. They will still be open in Canada. They also aren't closing until march so its pointless to go now thinking you're going to get anything cheap.

Its because they want to give the illusion that you need to go right now to buy everything. This way they will sell all the good stuff off for not much cheaper than the regular prices. :wink:

Well, it's probably to give them some time to see if anything gets better. If they aren't doing better by March, then they'll close down. If they are, I guess they'll close down a lot of stores, but not completely go out of business.

Well, it's probably to give them some time to see if anything gets better. If they aren't doing better by March, then they'll close down. If they are, I guess they'll close down a lot of stores, but not completely go out of business.

no, there closing for good; march being the deadline. And for what Eon said: more of an add-on thought but, to show the illusion a little further would be saying to yourself "hey, you know....I better get this now while its on sale (20% right now I believe) or else it wont be here tommorow" see people think like that, I do atleast. Cricuit City w/e has no varity but a good selection, so too see some 5.1 BOSE surround sound bein sold for only 200$, you bet I'll buy it just for the fact that maybe in a week or even a day from then, someone else will/might get it.

btw the sales still suck shit, only being at like 20% off or so with half their stuff not even on sale yet...

Exactly, plus since they're only going out of business in America its not crucial that they sell everything off. Anything thats left over they can always send to their Canadian stores.

no, there closing for good; march being the deadline. And for what Eon said: more of an add-on thought but, to show the illusion a little further would be saying to yourself "hey, you know....I better get this now while its on sale (20% right now I believe) or else it wont be here tommorow" see people think like that, I do atleast. Cricuit City w/e has no varity but a good selection, so too see some 5.1 BOSE surround sound bein sold for only 200$, you bet I'll buy it just for the fact that maybe in a week or even a day from then, someone else will/might get it.

btw the sales still suck shit, only being at like 20% off or so with half their stuff not even on sale yet...

True, true. I definitely think like that also. My grandpa bought a new tv for his room because it was on sale...It was a nice TV though and my gma wanted a new one for the room also. So yeah, guess he bought one with the sale and because they needed one. They had a tv from like 1960 something. It was old...

Now the negative side to the situation; purhapse something goes wrong with w/e it is you bought and theres no warrenty on it, you wouldn't be able to return the item! idk forwarding it back to them throught UPS or fedex to a warehouse out-state but as far as returning it back to the store goes, its out of the question....

Failing economy strikes again. This time, in favor of the consumers. I remember going into a Circuit City store once. I looked at the price tag for a pair of speakers. Needless to say, I avoided it ever since.