Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

I need help!!

8 posts in this topic

So recently I deleted the two partitions that held Ubuntu, and now when i restart my computer the Grub screen doesn't load, saying Error22, I need my computer for school, but I can't use it now, does anyone know how to remove the grub screen, I get the F12, F10 options and all that and I can enter my BIOS but I can't get anywhere past that and my system recovery option(F11) doesn't work, probably due to Ubuntu...Anyone?

I don't know much in the way of fixing Linux but usually when you delete a partition the stuff that was on it goes too. Try reinstalling Ubuntu?

I would have tried that, but my Ex-g/f has the disc and were not on talking terms at the moment, or ever for that matter. IDK, and I think my CD drive is broken too, So I may just have to take in my laptop to a repair store and have them fix it all...Gay

I fixed it...I just needed a boot disc, and with it I got CMD and with it I used Bootrec.exe /fixmbr and bootrec.exe/fixboot and some other steps...Fixed my HD and got rid of the GRUB screen. sure it took an hour and a half and got the blue screen of death 5 times, but it works now...

Well thats good! When a computer no longer starts due to corrupt or missing files theres only one way I know to fix it. Boot from the OS cd and hit the R key to go to recovery console. Then when you get to the prompt type in chkdsk /r It scans all of the start up files and repairs anything it needs to. It takes around 45 minutes.

Never heard of bootrec.exe before. Will have to check it out.

What the error 22 meant was that grub could not find the partition it had its remaining binaries installed on. i.e the part of the disk where /boot/grub/ is saved with the configuration files like menu.lst etc.

Oh, yeah, I was pretty upset about it. because not only is it damn near impossible to get someone to loan you their recovery disk, it's virtually impossible to find someone with vista recovery disk since they dont send them out with the computers anymore, they expect the user to burn one, and I can't because it tells me I don't have the proper hardware and it is not supported with my computer, which is a bunch of BS because I burn cds all the time, and dvds.