Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Zell

Did you get any military hits when Eon8 was going on?

24 posts in this topic

The whole Eon8 thing was a ton of fun.  I loved participating in the panic with everyone :)  I wish it could be done over again, but it might take longer than 2 years for everyone to forget ;)

I'm curious; did you get any military hits on the website, such as any resolved addressed with .gov or .mil?  How many?

Yes, it was somebody who to this day still remains a complete mystery. What I should do is write up how I came to acquire the domain name. As I tend to get this question asked a lot on the board here. Even though it took a bit of hard work to get, the story isn't that exciting. :P

I don't know how many times the military and government were accessing the site but I am aware that they were watching it the entire time. For all we know they could have added it to a list somewhere in their archives in case future observation is required.

You should do that write-up some day, Eon8.  Also, this may be incredibly unrelated, but how are you doing these days?  I remember your job wasn't doing too good last time we spoke, perhaps things are going better for you these days?

Maybe this weekend i'll do the write-up.

I'm glad you asked. It was actually very thoughtful of you. :) Well as always work is feast or famine. I was doing extremely bad back then but now its comfortable. I decided to make set work days now. Instead of working randomly like i've done for the past seven years. So I do it every other day now. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I'm currently getting a minimum of three jobs a week with a maximum of six. When things are slow I usually get six jobs... a month! When I was worrying about it back when, I was only getting one or two jobs a month! So you can see why I was in a panic.  :-X

My uncle recently got a job as a security guard at night at a closed factory. He basically gets paid 13 dollars an hour for watching cable tv all night. Plus you just wear your regular clothes. Theres no uniforms or anything like that either. I would quit fixing computers in a heartbeat for that job. Not only do you do nothing, I would be making ten times as much as I am now. I think to myself why do I continue putting up with strangers abuse fixing their computers when I could be doing nothing and making more?  :- Too bad nobody wants to quit of course so I doubt there will be openings any time soon.

Aaaanyways how are you doing?

Maybe this weekend i'll do the write-up.

I'm glad you asked. It was actually very thoughtful of you. :) Well as always work is feast or famine. I was doing extremely bad back then but now its comfortable. I decided to make set work days now. Instead of working randomly like i've done for the past seven years. So I do it every other day now. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I'm currently getting a minimum of three jobs a week with a maximum of six. When things are slow I usually get six jobs... a month! When I was worrying about it back when, I was only getting one or two jobs a month! So you can see why I was in a panic.  :-X

My uncle recently got a job as a security guard at night at a closed factory. He basically gets paid 13 dollars an hour for watching cable tv all night. Plus you just wear your regular clothes. Theres no uniforms or anything like that either. I would quit fixing computers in a heartbeat for that job. Not only do you do nothing, I would be making ten times as much as I am now. I think to myself why do I continue putting up with strangers abuse fixing their computers when I could be doing nothing and making more?  :- Too bad nobody wants to quit of course so I doubt there will be openings any time soon.

Aaaanyways how are you doing?

Perhaps you should look around for jobs with local businesses and contractors.  You never know, you've got plenty of experience, maybe someone would hire you.  :)

I'm doing fine I guess.  It's summer and that of course means that I'm out of school for a couple of months.  I'm just trying to keep up with all of the stuff we're doing over the summer.  I've got a summer job now, and alongside that I have to do my summer homework.  Seriously, who the hell assigns summer homework?

I'm thinking eventually i'll need to get a 'real' job. The biggest problem I have is lots of experience but nothing to prove it. Went to college for three years and never got a degree which is a long story. Plus I haven't any computer degrees. Which is another story.  :P

Thats good that you're doing good. I hated when I got to the age where I had to have a summer job. But I sure did like the paychecks!  ;D Summer homework? That is one of the dumbest things i've heard. Unless the following year you have the same teacher that assigned it how is it even possible? Now that I think back I did have basically all the same teachers throughout high school. Thats some serious nerve in any case.

Perhaps what you should do is from now on have one or two good clients be references or something.  Maybe that would count as proof enough.

Yeah, it's the same teachers.  That's the only way that this can be enforced.

Yes, it was somebody who to this day still remains a complete mystery. What I should do is write up how I came to acquire the domain name. As I tend to get this question asked a lot on the board here. Even though it took a bit of hard work to get, the story isn't that exciting. :P

I don't know how many times the military and government were accessing the site but I am aware that they were watching it the entire time. For all we know they could have added it to a list somewhere in their archives in case future observation is required.

So what was the whole deal behind all that anyways? Haha sorry I have no clue about this site's history and what knot.

damn the CIA?? was there any foreign intelligence agency on your case or anything like that?

Remember i'm just Eon8's new owner. I don't know if the original owner had any type of problems with any of that kind of stuff. Maybe they did and thats why they remain a mystery to keep a low profile. I doubt it but its fun to think about.

I don't think news on tv... at least here in the u.s. anyways. but I do know it was mentioned on a few radio stations. I think I still have one of the radio broadcasts where it was talked about saved on my computer. Somebody sent it to me around a year ago.