Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

kxrxoxnxixc

HackThisSite.org

27 posts in this topic

Yeah I hadn't been there since I was probably a jr in HS. But I remembered it recently and decided to see if it was still up and running, and low and behold it definitely still is. Once i learn SQL and some PHP and a little more C++ and probably some java ill go back and own that shit.

Yeah, it's not the easiest thing to do, and if you don't cover your tracks the admin will see all your attempted attacks and can contact your ISP and have your internet shut off for illegal activity and may even face jail time with fines if they feel you have fucked something up. It's not worth it unless you can cover your tracks like a pro, which involves breaking into the server and escalating your priveleges to admin/root and deleting or modifying the log files to cover yourself, which if you can't do, places you right into the "malicious hacker" category. That's why HackThisSite.org is great, it set up by hackers, for hackers.

They even tell you to try an hack their site and let them know of any vulnerabilities and weaknesses in their security.

lol im having trouble on the 1st mission. i dont get what u have 2 do and dont tell me the answer id rather try 2 figure it out on my own but i dont get what html has 2 do with it because i thought it was just the tag/code things

Yeah, it's not the easiest thing to do, and if you don't cover your tracks the admin will see all your attempted attacks and can contact your ISP and have your internet shut off for illegal activity and may even face jail time with fines if they feel you have fucked something up. It's not worth it unless you can cover your tracks like a pro, which involves breaking into the server and escalating your priveleges to admin/root and deleting or modifying the log files to cover yourself, which if you can't do, places you right into the "malicious hacker" category. That's why HackThisSite.org is great, it set up by hackers, for hackers.

They even tell you to try an hack their site and let them know of any vulnerabilities and weaknesses in their security.

Say you sit in the parking lot in front of some place that has free wifi and use their internet signal to hack. Theres no way to catch you then is there?

Thats why I don't think covering up your tracks is as dire anymore like in the past when you had no choice but to do this stuff from home. But then again i'll admit that i'm not too sure on this subject as networking is my poor area when it comes to computers. :tongue:

lol im having trouble on the 1st mission. i dont get what u have 2 do and dont tell me the answer id rather try 2 figure it out on my own but i dont get what html has 2 do with it because i thought it was just the tag/code things

lol I know!

I did that my sophomore year and was totally lost. i didn't even get myspace html at that time!

I tried making an account on that site, but the registration page keeps saying I put in the wrong code that's on the picture at the bottom.

Oh well, I was really just curious about it, anyway, what exactly is hacking, like what's the purpose? I remember wanting to learn how to hack when i was in middle school, but I never found any leads on how to do so, so I gave up.

I'm just wondering, what are the ups with it, I know the downs, jail time and whatnot.

I'm not asking if anyone can teach me to hack, I just want to know what it is.

If you sit somewhere with free WiFi, yes it is harder to track you, but remember each and every PC has a unique ID associated with it. This ID is like a fingerprint and can be tracked. Routers keep a log of all users who connected and what they have done, sure, it would be much harder to track an individual through stolen or open WiFi, but, it is still possible.

I would suggest using a neighbors as they don't have the means to really check their router accurately and efficiently. Breaking wireless is easy, really easy. A little research and youll be on your way.

Side Note::

A) it is illegal

B) It's not taken kindly

C) You can be caught if you're neighbor is someone above the average user

D) while you're in your neighbors life, see if they're a creep and snoop their files :devilnaughty:

If you sit somewhere with free WiFi, yes it is harder to track you, but remember each and every PC has a unique ID associated with it. This ID is like a fingerprint and can be tracked. Routers keep a log of all users who connected and what they have done, sure, it would be much harder to track an individual through stolen or open WiFi, but, it is still possible.

I would suggest using a neighbors as they don't have the means to really check their router accurately and efficiently. Breaking wireless is easy, really easy. A little research and youll be on your way.

Side Note::

A) it is illegal

B) It's not taken kindly

C) You can be caught if you're neighbor is someone above the average user

D) while you're in your neighbors life, see if they're a creep and snoop their files :devilnaughty:

I like D, I found out my old neighbor was a weirdo, he had gross animal videos.. THOSE videos..

I'm STILL scarred...

Alright, since I feel like a noob and left behind in the cave man years, I'm trying to register to HTS, for some reason, every time I submit, I keep getting this, "An error occured. Please check the form. (Image Validation Failed)", is the text and whatnot, case sensitive or something?