Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

has anayone used the google chrome browser?

31 posts in this topic

I've read a lot about it but haven't used it. Seems to be more suited for Vista then XP. I'm happy with Firefox so I don't see much of a reason to change. :)

I have google Chrome on my laptop and it works really good. It's really fast and uses about 30mb's of RAM less then firefox 3.0.1. I also like the default homepage and incognito browser. But the coolest thing it has is multiple process's for tabs. So if like one freeze's you're other tabs arn't lost. Although I wish it had the Firefox's restart that opens all the tab's again. Interesting enough the browser data it sends to websites includes: WebAPI, Safari, Mozilla(I think) and one or a couple others. I don't know what computer you have but it runs really really fast for me. (Toshiba Satellite P105-S6024) Which has 1.6ghz centrino Dual core, 1gb of ram, and some sh*tty intel 128mb graphics card. I use it for high school very durable.

Its possible because I have a headache right now but I don't get it. They typed in https by mistake. You get basically the same error in FF3.

I have tried it, and i find that there are quite a few bugs, such as when you use a scroll wheel, it scrolls down but not up, kinda frustrating, but over-all its a great concept and im sure when they release a finished version it will be nice, but for the mean time, Firefox 3 is still on my #1 list.

Well you have to remember its just the beta version. Which simply means you can download it to find bugs for them to fix. ;) Like you said when the actual software is finished they will all be fixed. ;D

I'm using google chrome right now. It works great for me. My only problem with it is you have to open up a new tab to get to your favorites. Of course, that might be fixed in finished version. ALSO, it's open source. So that's nice.

I might try it eventually, since it's been stated that it works well on Vista machines.  But for now I'll stick with Firefox 3.0 since I don't want to lose all my add-ons.  AdBlock is a god-given instrument.

I have tried it, and i find that there are quite a few bugs, such as when you use a scroll wheel, it scrolls down but not up, kinda frustrating, but over-all its a great concept and im sure when they release a finished version it will be nice, but for the mean time, Firefox 3 is still on my #1 list.

I don't have that problem.

Opera is another browser thats supposedly pretty popular. I can't remember if I ever tried it or not. ???

Hmm i downloaded Opera... wow its pretty neat!!!! its got this thing called Speed dial. and you set a few of your fav websites for hot keys (ex: Control+1= facebook control+2 = Hotmail) the only bad thing is accedently hitting them,

And chrome, im still messing around with it...

So basicly

fire fox 1

Opera 2

Chrome 3

netscape -40