Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ipressthebuttons

The world ends tomorrow.

41 posts in this topic

Yeah, I checked here a month or two before the timer reached zero. I forgot about the site until after the timer reached zero and the truth was revealed. I came back even LATER to find forums had been set up and the website under new ownership.

There were two forums, the other was very large, and had thousands of posts. Eon8 decided to get rid of the old ones and make a new one, for reasons unknown or forgotten to me.

There were two forums, the other was very large, and had thousands of posts. Eon8 decided to get rid of the old ones and make a new one, for reasons unknown or forgotten to me.

But still, when was THIS one made?

Lol, that's pretty much what we need. Post wherever you can, every day. Get a bit of activity on these forums.

Usually I don't join smaller forums. But since I usually end up trolling larger forums because I never become a part of the community, I figure it might be good to join a smaller community and get well known. Plus, since everyone on the internet knows of Eon 8, or at least NEEDS to know, it makes it so much more sensible for me to advertise it to my friends :]

I think Eon8 would say something like.... "Thats what needs to be done, just spread Eon8 anywhere you can."

That's what I'd say too.

When was this forum made, though? It seems pretty new.

Eon8 is online now, perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

Darkhaven summed it up pretty nicely. :)

Like was said this is the second forum. The problem with the old forum was at the time I didn't know how to install a message board. We were using a remotely hosted one and it was very expensive. Plus nothing could be backed up so if anything happened it would all be lost. Last but not least is was very very slow most of the time.

I taught myself some basic PHP programming and how to install/setup message boards. It was decided that the best possible course of action was to scrap everything and start over again with new hosting using real message board software. I then decided to go with SMF software since it was free and it looked promising and thats where we are at now.

After using this SMF software for two months now i've realized it has many shortcomings and I rather not use it as the permanent home of Eon8. We will be switching to Invision message board software in the next month or two. But don't worry i'm going to try and transfer everything from here over so nothing will be lost.

I'll make a post a little later how I got the domain name although it isn't that interesting. To make a long story short I basically just bought it. Thats why i've neglected to post about it so far. :P :D