Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ipressthebuttons

The world ending in 2012?

36 posts in this topic

So it's just common knowledge that the Mayan's "predicted" the end of the world to be in 2012. Of course, this could be true... or it could be completely false, just like the supposed Y2K issues.

My question to you all is, do you think it's true... or even SOMEWHAT true?

I believe SOMETHING will happen in 2012. People say that's when the "NWO" will make their move, others say the Rapture will occur, or just some kind of huge disaster/war.

I believe its a possibility, the current way the country is going, nothing is looking so good. Especially having two persidential candidates where one wants to stay in Iraq, the other wanting to go to afghanistan, its just s hit bucket right now, and no one seems to be looking to clean it out.

I personally would like to be of legal age for more than two years, meet the love of my life, and then carry out a fulfilling future before the world goes out on me.

You know honestly, we've been talking about colonizing other planets for a long time now... why haven't the asshats been working on THAT? If the EARTH is going to explode... AT LEAST PROTECT HUMANITY!

They probably say the hell with it. If the world does end there isn't going to be anybody to get mad at them for not doing it. :P

there's a certain feeling of sadness that i feel whenever i think of this.

maybe its part of all the uncarried thoughts that i have, but there's also

a part of me that is in delight, because we get to be a part of this thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risks_to_civi...nd_planet_Earth

Many believe that the Maya civilization's Long Count calendar ends abruptly on December 21, 2012. This misconception is due to the Maya practice of using only five places in Long Count Calendar inscriptions. On some monuments the Maya calculated dates far into the past and future but there is no end of the world date. There will be a Piktun ending (a cycle of 13 144,000 day Bak'tuns) on December 21st, 2012. A Piktun marks the end of a 1,872,000 day or approximately 5125 year period and is a significant event in the Maya calendar.

As in they didn't. It's just that their calendar ended then because of a Piktun ending.

The solar transit of Venus will be occurring in 2012, it may be Lucifer rising... Regardless if you know any philosophy, Venus has long been identified as the "Morning Star", and Lucifer has been identified as "Morning Star" as well. I will let you know now, that we may be present in the upbringing of a quite interesting topic, a topic that will show you just how blind humans are. Human beings have had something coming to them, an outcome of either pure ignorance and stupidity, or something predetermined and inescapable. Good luck.

Yeah, read up on the bible so you can identify the signs.

Supposedly, there is going to be rule by the antichrist for 4 years, then a 40 year war. At the end of the war, or right as the war ends, a divine being is supposed to come to Earth.. I think, I can't remember exactly.

(This was from our friend "Mr. Smith")

Well what position would the "Anti-Christ" have? When people say it will rule, will it rule over the Christ that has been dead and decomposing for the past, roughly, 2008 years? I don't understand. I hope someone else does.

But then, what if it is true? Every plan I've made would be futile. I'd have to change the meaning of my life drastically in order to live a fulfilling life.

Maybe we should get on a giant ship and hurl ourselves at Gliese D or C. Maybe future generations would last.

On the topic of the Apocalypse, this is what I don't understand about the Christian belief system.

So the world will be taken over by the antichrist and satan, and if you join them you'll go to hell and burn eternally.

BUT!!!

If you're a Christian and you stand up for Jesus and all that, they're going to make you suffer just to spite your God. And they won't just kill you, because that would make you a martyr, so they'll torture you as painfully and extensively as they can within the 44 years before the third coming.

Speaking of third comings, your mom was great last night.

[/hilarity]

On the topic of the Apocalypse, this is what I don't understand about the Christian belief system.

So the world will be taken over by the antichrist and satan, and if you join them you'll go to hell and burn eternally.

BUT!!!

If you're a Christian and you stand up for Jesus and all that, they're going to make you suffer just to spite your God. And they won't just kill you, because that would make you a martyr, so they'll torture you as painfully and extensively as they can within the 44 years before the third coming.

Speaking of third comings, your mom was great last night.

[/hilarity]

Help! The kitchen appliances are raping our women!