Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Puppies and Sunshine

Holy hell, my dresser almost fell on top of me the other day.

15 posts in this topic

Everything slid off the top and now the floor is a mess.  And I have to clean this bamboozle of miscellaneous items off the carpet.  I'm pretty sure I had about $10 in change collected on top of it, and it's all scattered now.

Anyway, hello.  ipressthebuttons led me here, so here I am.  We've been looking for a new forum to transition to after our previous internet home came crashing down with utter and complete stupidity in general.  He promises that here'll be good, and he's just informed me of the Eon 8 incident since I seem to have missed that part of tube history class.  So I'm hoping for the best, but I'm pretty busy and limited on computer privileges.  But I'll try to be active and be a significant part of the community.

<3

Yes, Welcome. Like she said, her hours on the computer are hardly guaranteed... but don't make my promise empty, guys... tell your friends :]

And lol mon, you need to find a way to organize the crap in your room. I think it's a sign you should be more organized when your room starts attacking you.

No complete stupidity is pretty much the number one rule I hope to advocate here.

It seems like every general discussion board lately is ridiculously immature, and just plain pathetic when it comes to having intellectual conversations which are non existent. All they are is filled with memes, flaming, using shock value in an attempt to be funny, spamming, etc...

I know some people here will eventually like to go down that road from time to time and thats fine. There will be a forum created just for that purpose and it will all be contained in there.

No complete stupidity is pretty much the number one rule I hope to advocate here.

It seems like every general discussion board lately is ridiculously immature, and just plain pathetic when it comes to having intellectual conversations which are non existent. All they are is filled with memes, flaming, using shock value in an attempt to be funny, spamming, etc...

I know some people here will eventually like to go down that road from time to time and thats fine. There will be a forum created just for that purpose and it will all be contained in there.

The best way to go with it is straight down the middle. If you make it one of those idiotic spam forums, this place will be hell. Conversely, if you make it too strict... nobody's gonna like it.

But yeah, I'm liking this site so far. It's nice. You ever been an admin at a forum before this?

Edit: Hey mon, all you have to say about me is that I dragged you here? <3

Oh yeah i've been an admin of many different forums since the beginning of the internet. They're actually my favorite thing to do internet wise. Speaking of which I also run another forum thats been around for four years now. It's pretty popular activity wise. Has about a thousand members and twenty thousand something posts.

As a matter of fact i've ignored it for about a week now because i've been putting all my message board time into this one. I should really go there tonight to catch up but its going to take hours. :-

I went there last night and it wasn't as much work as expected to catch up which was good. When it comes down to it I expect bigger things out of this place anyways. 8)

Thats the word I was looking for but couldn't think of it. I feel that they forum has the greatest potential.

Now about the spam forum. If I added one how would it effect the rest of the board? If everything is contained in there it shouldn't pose a problem as long as we stay strict about keeping that kind of stuff in there.

Thats the word I was looking for but couldn't think of it. I feel that they forum has the greatest potential.

Now about the spam forum. If I added one how would it effect the rest of the board? If everything is contained in there it shouldn't pose a problem as long as we stay strict about keeping that kind of stuff in there.

The only downside would be that trolls and crap would join JUST for the spam forums, and some members would spend their entire lives living in it as opposed to contributing to a meaningful discussion.

Well with the good comes the bad. If we make it for ourselves its going to be used by some people just for like you said. Now even if they won't be contributing anything to the board at least they will be making the boards stats grow. :P

But one of the things i've learned from my experience is to let the members decide by form of a poll. This way the majority is always happy.