Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Security Software

12 posts in this topic

What does everyone use as a security measure for their PC? Maybe a pitbull and a yoyo?

I use...

Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 (Got just today)

SpyBot S&D (Black listed 122,798 process's)

ESET NOD32 (got just today)

IDK, I feel with Windows, there is never enough security...

AVG anti-virus with firewall

I use a lot of programs to keep my computer clean and maintained but they aren't security related per say.

NOD32 Smart Security is a fuckin bitch ass...It blocks my wireless from allowing internet traffic, so I have to disable the firewall to use the internet...gay. But I got a crack for it that makes it good til 1-5-2050

I've read a lot of good reviews on it and was thinking of trying it after my AVG ran out. I wouldn't pay money for it now knowing it might do the same to me. I guess it won't hurt for me to try it when the time comes if its free. :wink:

Yeah definitely, its a really good AV, i mean don't get me wrong, im sure you could figure out how ot let your internet through the firewall, but I just turned off the firewall from ESET and am using Outpost 2009. I really just needed a good AV because I already had a good firewall, if need be I can always find a way to help you out in finding a free version of NOD32 that someone I may know may or may not have on an external HD... :wink:

So wait, Is ESET Good then? If so then, what does it run like?

Its gotten a lot of praise but anti-virus software seems to be highly subjective. Everyone has there own opinions on what they feel is the best.

For me ESET has all the features I'm looking for, runs relatively unintrusive, and doesn't seem to hamper performance.

I'll have to look at picking it up.

Absolutely nothing. I have dialup on my desktop, so I'm useless to pretty much anyone who would target me. I rarely download anything larger than a few megabytes, I usually never get a virus. If I do, it's simple shit to reformat.

On my netbook, I tried everything. Then, decided screw it, and switched to Ubuntu. I love it.

LOL