Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Computer Science books...

8 posts in this topic

The shellcoders handbook: Discovering and exploiting security holes

Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API (3rd Edition)

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition

Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel

Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering

Assembly Language Step-by-step: Programming with DOS and Linux

Assembly Language and Computer Architecture Using C++ and Java™

Looking at getting these books to teach myself socket programming in c++ and also learning networking with linux and some shell coding and hopefully some more things through these books that would allow to be "All I can be".

Hrm, i may start using the shell called bash, thats on my mac, to learn shell programming

Yeah the shell and bash coding methods are difficult, yet you can do ANYTHING you really want if you're proficient with it. I believe you need a decent understand of assembly language though, that's what i'm told. That's why im gonna get the assembly language books aswell...I'm also gonna get a book because it's super cheap and seems interesting, a little out dated (2000) but none the less, not like you can't learn things from the past. It's called

The complete hackers handbook All those books up there plus this one equate to a dent in the wallet of $350.00 USD.

But, those books are a lot of info, i mean, i bet each one of those books has at least 500+ pages

Yeah I believe the two im gonna start off with are roughly 1800+ pages or so...I think im gonna get:

Algorithms in C++

&

A complete hackers handbook

I still have all my computer course books from college. I might have a C++ one as well.

Yeah, im gonna keep all my college coding books also, I think my coding book is 1200+pages or something. Lots of info in it, and ya never know when you're gonna need it.