Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
KRUPT

New 09' Computer Build

87 posts in this topic

Well, it's that time of year again where another expensive build takes place. My last build barely topped 1200$ and is quite pathetic at meeting todays needs in the gaming/video/audio editing realm. Now, the comp i'm using now is using dual core-2.66 and is running a EVGA 8800GTS (not SLI). idk, when I play a movie, the quality is shit, and I've downloaded HD movies before and I am using an HDCP 20" moniter thats supports all that shit, and still everything looks pixelated to some extent.

Now..........Beeeeeehhooooooold my new build:

Case: Acer Predator Mid Tower Gaming Case (Just the case itself) (The outside of the case, the orange parts, will be painted black!)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883103200

Power Supply: OCZ 700w GameXStream SLI-Ready Power Supply

http://www.xoxide.com/ocz-gamexstream-700w-psu.html

Mobo: EVGA 3-Way SLI X58 ATX Core i7 Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813188039

RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory (6GB total RAM)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...;Tpk=20-145-232

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core Processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115202

CPU Fan/Heatsink: Ultra ChillTEC Thermoelectric CPU Cooler

http://www.xoxide.com/ultra-chilltech-cpu-cooler.html

Graphics Card: (2x SLI) EVGA GeForce GTS 250 (Superclocked Edition) 1GB 256-bit HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130470

Audio Card: ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 7.1 Channels Interface Audio/Video Enhancement Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16829132008

Overall, the inside of the case (the frame) will be powdercoated black, the stock fans will be switched with high powered blue LED 120mm fans, and to top it off, some Blue LED's will be placed inside along with Green sound-reactive lights and 1 UV Light somewhere in there. BTW, this PC will not be water cooled.

What the heck are you doing that you need a $1,500+ computer? :shock: I need a new computer so bad its not even funny. The problem is I can't afford one as I only make enough money every month to pay bills. At this point i'll settle for a $300 one. With that being said I just decided what i'm doing with the extra advertisement money we get... Putting it towards a new computer!

Hey think of it this way. Mines on its last leg and if I don't have a computer theres no Eon8.

Lets see, let me look up my computers stats- here we go

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

ge force 9400m discreete graphics processor&NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT GPU

And soon, im going to get a Alienware link over here-> (click here)

well, I play many games that require good graphics (HD at that), do lots of video and audio editing, lots of music (5,000+Albums) graphic designs/logo designs.

See, its the 2 graphic cards and the processor is what cost the $, the rest is just standard equipment for a computer. Plus being a perfectionist means everything must look/perform/behave accurately and perfectly!!!! lol

I hear the new i7 screams. I was gonna build a computer when it first came out, and I was pricing it alll out, *note that I use a laptop with win/linux, and I think after I figured it all out, it was gonna run me around 2200 with monitor. I want a desktop and a laptop and have the laptop solely dedicated to Linux and than have a nice little desktop for my windows BS.

the new i7 is BEAST, as long as its got a good enough clock speed, otherwise, it acts similar to the intel core 2 duo.

Regardless, i wish you luck, KRUPT.

well, I play many games that require good graphics (HD at that), do lots of video and audio editing, lots of music (5,000+Albums) graphic designs/logo designs.

See, its the 2 graphic cards and the processor is what cost the $, the rest is just standard equipment for a computer. Plus being a perfectionist means everything must look/perform/behave accurately and perfectly!!!! lol

Well I guess that warrants it then. One more question if you don't mind me asking. Where did you get $1,500? I haven't had that much money in about four years. Refusing to to get a real job at my age makes a guy like me poor. :tongue: Heck if you have that much and you're old enough, buy a cheap car to beat around in.

Well I guess that warrants it then. One more question if you don't mind me asking. Where did you get $1,500? I haven't had that much money in about four years. Refusing to to get a real job at my age makes a guy like me poor. :tongue: Heck if you have that much and you're old enough, buy a cheap car to beat around in.

lol, a steady job at the mall food court hahaha, I cook Philly Cheese steaks all day, paying about $8.50 and hr so..

It's all about saving, took about 2-3 months so save up about $1500, but I've priced this build to about close to $2000, but $1800-something to be exact... and being a prefectionist and having semi-OCD doesn't help the price at all...

oh, and EON8, lol im only 18 son :laugh: I mean srsly, just look at the case! it's insane, All the excess body mods (Fans/Lights/Etc.) runs me up about another $100+

And thanks for everyones support (EchoElite and kxrxoxnxixc)

Yea, im planning on building my own now, just one question, is it easy to install windows on a brand new computer?

We're almost in the same boat, E8... I'm going to try and get a job basically working as a janitor at a local gym. Pay for gas and my trips to the surplus store. :cool:

It looks as if I might have to get some kind of job, even if it has nothing to do with computers. People have all but stopped calling me for computer repair. I've only been on three calls in the past two months. :indifferent: If business doesn't pick up soon i'm going to have to start looking. If it comes to that it'll be the first time i've looked for a job in eight or nine years!

If you are going to get a very high wattage power supply you might want to also get a heavy duty 14 gauge power cord so theres less chance of your house burning down. Regular computer power cord is 18 gauge and I think is only safely rated to 600 or 700 watts.

That suggestion was for KRUPT, but you can always send him one if you have them. :tongue:

I wonder when they're going to come out with LED monitors now that there are LED tv's.

ok.. for EchoElite, thank you for that link, I've been looking for a 1000watt ps thats SLI-Sertified. the power cord ill just go an but at walmart lol, and for the LEDS, believe me, its going to be christmas inside that case:

like i said:

"The inside of that case (the frame) will be powdercoated black, the stock fans will be switched with high powered blue LED 120mm fans, and to top it off, some Blue LED's will be placed inside along with Green sound-reactive lights and 1 or 2 UV Light's somewhere in there."

see I'm the guy who puts the body, the big spoiler, and some racing rims on the car and leaves the engine alone. I'm the "all for looks" guy :(