Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

GCC Question

7 posts in this topic

I am having some trouble figuring out how to disable the stack smash protection(SSP) with-in gcc. I have tried the option of -fno-stack-protector and it still gives me this madness when I run my program. I have a predefined program that I have previously built that I am trying to run this buffer overflow with and I can't figure out how to get this SSP off of my damned GCC

Yeah, that's my only problem, IDK how to. I would like to simply just disable it, but I can't I recently downloaded a live boot disk of a different OS but it's just a hassle switching from live boot to ubuntu or windows because now i'm running three OS's and it's becoming a real pain in the ass ya know? I believe I may need a second computer, one for my third OS and another for my windows...If I could just unpartition my hard drive and reinstate the partitioned portions of my HD to Windows and than install the third OS as my secondary OS instead of Ubuntu. -sigh- it's a pain.

It's truly a pain in the ass no one would ever deal with if it were in a different situation. Like, if you were going out to dinner, but first you had to pick someone up, than you had to take them to their car, than follow them to pick up another person, and take them to their car, and find out they left their key at the house before and had to go back. Yeah, dinner would be cancelled. But not with computers, oh no, we put ourselves through hell just to learn all we can about how they work and do the things they do.

Yeah but in the end our knowledge of technology puts us on a much higher plane of existence than the average human being. The reward? Taking their money from them. I've been in love with computers and technology since I was born. I've been getting paid by the "average human being" for that love for over seven years now in the form of computer repair. When it comes time to pay me I still have a very hard time asking for the money. Since the work comes so natural to me I never feel like I did anything special enough to warrant it. I just have to remind myself that I deserve to take their money from them for being so ignorant. I like to think of it as an idiot tax. :laugh:

Yeah, that's an excellent way of looking at it. I do enjoy computers and playing around on them and figuring out how things work. But damn, switching OS's is a hassle, I should really just find a cheap little out-of-date computer and throw my OS's on there and not even deal with switching anymore.

EDIT::

Also if anyone would please be so kind as to try out my simple server that I built, I would greatly appreciate it. If you would like to try it, IM me on AIM at IngeniousHax