Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
KRUPT

The Legalization Of Marijuana

Should Marijuana Be Legal In America?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana Be Legal In America?

• Yes
    • No
    • Does Not Matter To Me

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Yes....As ya'll probably don't know, I am a pot smoker and have been for several years. I alone do it for recreation and to 'past-time-while-enjoying-it' purposes. I'm a some-what responsible person when I'm high, I don't take advantage of the herb but I do my best to enjoy it while it last. I see many benefits to Legalizing Marijuana, including crime rates sharply decreasing, economy getting stronger, and attention towards NAFTA (if Canada was too legalize as well). The only issue would be having to treat the drug like Alcohol, meaning no consumer under the age of 21 could purchase nor consume the herb. Now idk, but living in Houston and seeing just exactly how much weed effects the community, it almost seems like the punishment does more harm than the drug itself. But I can see how it is a 'Gateway Drug' only for the FACT that the 'high' is noticeably lower throughout the many years of consumption, leading for a crave of the natural high you received in the youth of smoking weed. Other benefits include health (believe it or not), which is why it is termed 'Medical Marijuana' healing certain natures of the body as well as mind. So yea, this topic is dear to me, and to any other responsible pot user!

It's all bullshit, just mellow out the population while drastic changes are made in government/nation.

If I wanted to turn a nation's population into "The Masses" pot and other drugs would be my number 1 choice to help that change along.

It's all bullshit, just mellow out the population while drastic changes are made in government/nation.

If I wanted to turn a nation's population into "The Masses" pot and other drugs would be my number 1 choice to help that change along.

what?

I'm saying if I wanted to numb the masses to large changes in government/society, I'd use pot and other drugs.

I believe the only reason they would legalize pot would be to mellow out the population.

It seems the only people who support the legalization of pot are leftists/"libertarians" and people who smoke it.

That's my two cents.

To each his own...

well, um I think your saying that in a positive way lol, but the thing with weed is, it's naturally grown on earth, not a man-made product, meaning is should 'naturally' be legal and accessible to the public. It's just as dangerous as consuming alcohol btw.

Oh, and Eon, I'd appreciate your professional opinion about the matter...plz!

Its a touchy subject. If it was legalized where would people be allowed to smoke it? I doubt it would be allowed in public due to the chances of getting others high like children. Maybe treat it like alcohol and have weed smoking places like bars are for drinking.

Theres so many problems out there with drinking and driving, texting/talking on the phone while driving, etc... I doubt they want to add being high while driving to the mix when theres no need to.

It wouldn't help sway the argument by saying its naturally grown on earth. There are many things that grow naturally that are dangerous or fatal to humans.

Well, I do agree, I'm not saying what your saying is wrong indeed but there are some health benefits to like the elderly and such. You could say the same with tobacco and second hand smoking when it comes to doing it around babies/children. It's still would just be used as recreation material, such as consuming alcohol (at parties and at home/bars). Like is said, It's just as bad as alcohol but then again, it's not worse...

Eh, people have drinking problems as it is... Same thing would happen if they got their hands on pot.

Well, I'm not addicted at all, believe me, I don't go and buy it, I usually drag off someoneelse's stash. You do know you don't have to smoke it, its a choice and it's never bad to try things, explore your boundaries but being responsible as well. I don't do narcotics of any sort, I only stick to pot and alcohol (Beer at that), no crack, no speed, no 'drugs' thats the shit that will kill you and fuck your life, no pun intended... :thumbsup:

There are medicines already made to treat those ailments. Sorry, I don't believe it's about helping people; It's about potheads getting their dope without breaking the law.

It's true, man. All I have to do is ask a user why they want it legalized, and a truthful answer will tell me what was stated above. Of course, you can dress it up as some universal medicine, and more people will buy into it... But it doesn't change the fact that we already have medicine that can treat most, if not all ailments that people claim pot will fix.

You can offer all the "proof" of hemp/pot etc "up sides/uses" but there are other things that fill the same role better and cheaper.

Yea, but dam Ivan, that doesn't have to ruin if for us smokers who WANT to consume the 'just as harmless as alcohol' drug. Why should we have too be punished for someone else's wants and not wants?

Because people have enough problems with alcohol as it is, we don't need to legalize other things to add to the mix.

Alcohol should really be regulated a little more too.

now thats smthn I actually feel needs to happen. It seems like true alcoholics give no attempt to fix their lives up. But being high is a hell of a lot better than being drunk, you can still operate appropriately and engage in a conversion formally, Look at it this way, I can't explain what being high feels like but picture this, your on a cruise boat, top deck, leaning against the railing looking at out at the ocean, with some reggae music in the background and a cool breeze.....Thats what I feel like when I do it. I feel so relaxed, so peaceful and so friendly.

fb0431.JPG

even if i didnt smoke pot, it wouldnt change my opinion the gov't should let ppl do what they want 2 themselves as long as its not negatively affecting ppl around them