Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Initiate

what are your passions?

10 posts in this topic

I am curious to know exactly what kind of people we have on this forum, over and above general introductions. I am interested to know what fields you find yourself exploring- if you were to give an overview here of yourself, i think it would go a long way to establishing some common grounds.

Basically, what moves you? What drives you? What areas do you find yourself exploring? Do you explore the Mystery tradition- magick or mysticism? conspiracy theories? if so, what are your areas of expertise (Ufo's illuminati, masonry, government mind control, psychic experiments)? basically, what do you find yourself actively exploring, questioning and engaging in?

I can give a brief idea of myself for you. I am interested in Human evolution, consciousness and its expansion; the cultural phenomena of conspiracy theories, singularity and transhumanism; I am also an avid reader of the occult and its attendant fields of hermeticism, alchemy, Rosicrucianism.

I practice Vajrayana Buddhism as well as working with the Qabalah, Tarot and Tree of Life. I am also interested in Masonry and secret societies in general. I have a love for the sciences, especially genetics and neurobiology. My big intellectual influences are Terrence Mckenna, Timothy Leary, Robert Anton Wilson, Christopher Hyatt, Fulcanelli, Aleister Crowley, Anagarika Govinda, William Blake, Paul Foster Case, amongst some others. I also do some art, digital and material; and I write here and there. Oh, i am also interested in anything to do with human freedoms and liberties, self empowerment, and Vision.

So, anyone else? Who are you?

I am a die-hard anti-communist. I believe in limited government and self-sufficiency. I wholeheartedly believe communism is the greatest threat to America today. Whether it be China or the far Left, I think it needs to be stopped.

I am a survivalist of sorts, in the sense that I try to prepare for the worst. Also, I do know quite a bit about tactical gear - what works and what doesn't, etc. So if you have any questions concerning firearms, gear, etc.. Feel free to ask me.

I am not an extremely religious person, but I do read The Bible now and then, and believe in God. I don't go to church though.

I am a anti communist too, id rather die before being subjected to communism, other then that, my passion is working with computers. if you have a question about software/hardware/etc ask me, and i may be able to help you.

well currently my passion is to join the United States Marine Corps, i have been running, doing situps, push ups etc.. so i could get prepared physically. i still have one year to go before i join, but i know that i WILL get thorugh bootcamp, and i WILL become one of The Few, The Proud, The Marines.

Lol, Metal.

I was going to join the Marines, before everyone who serves in the military was put on the potential terrorist list.

Communist scum...

and your referring to that report from his administration that said veterans were ummm, damn i forgot ima check it on google.

That veterans are unstable/dangerous. Yeah... They got put on the potential terror list.

Pretty fuckin' backwards.

That veterans are unstable/dangerous. Yeah... They got put on the potential terror list.

Pretty fuckin' backwards.

I agree, that's really messed up. I mean it's not their fault that they become "unstable" or "dangerous." It's just mostly PTSD/PTSS. I watched a movie a real while ago about the Vietnam War Veterns and the way they were treated after coming back was pretty fucked up for me.

I am curious to know exactly what kind of people we have on this forum, over and above general introductions. I am interested to know what fields you find yourself exploring- if you were to give an overview here of yourself, i think it would go a long way to establishing some common grounds.

Basically, what moves you? What drives you?

My personal ambitions. To edify, I want to become a rich entrepreneur, similar to Bruce Wayne. Not because I have some delusions of grandeur or anything, but my true goal is to try and help as many people as I can in my life. After thinking about it for a long time, the only way I can realize my dreams is by having lots of wealth. So, it's more of a means to an end, and chances are I won't be able to do it, but I just can't live with myself without being able to say that I tried. If I try and fail, then I at least have that.

What areas do you find yourself exploring? Do you explore the Mystery tradition- magick or mysticism? conspiracy theories? if so, what are your areas of expertise (Ufo's illuminati, masonry, government mind control, psychic experiments)? basically, what do you find yourself actively exploring, questioning and engaging in?

2 main areas. Social science and Mentalism. Social science because I find myself experimenting with people socially (how will he handle this? how will she respond? what tone do people like the most?), everyone is different but the more time I spend experimenting, the more I find myself looking at the bigger picture, the architecture with which we base social interactions. Mentalism, not as much, but I liked the whole "mind over matter" thing and try to practice that when I can.

So, anyone else?

3D and graphic design :)