Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

Improvised hard drive stand

19 posts in this topic

Well, i had a bunch of parts and a few fans laying around, so this is what i came up with

i just need to get a few adapters, then it can be hooked up to my computer and get power

qn0doo.jpg

ok64ua.jpg

wve237.jpg

What do you think about solid state hard drives? They're supposed to be whats going to replace current hard drive technology. From what I understand they're just like big flash drives.

Are those not the HD's used in iPods? and in Laptops? I can understand why they would be so more sufficient than standard HD's due to there size and small limits in storage sizes.

they look something like this- kingston_ssd_e_series.jpg

But, for a 512 gb one, its 1,000$ or more, and for a 2tb hard drive its some where around 200$

You guys are kind of missing the thing here...

Its brand new technology for desktop computers. Its going to have a lot of bugs and be very expensive just like everything else thats ever been invented. :tongue:

The whole hadoo about them is the fact that they have no moving parts. So its not susceptible to mechanical failures or g-force shock. Its also slightly smaller then a regular hard drive. As time goes on the speeds and price will be the same as todays hard drives.

I see no reason to move away from todays standard HD's, their just fine as they are. You can get 1tb for no less than $80 now end days.

I see no reason to move away from todays standard HD's, their just fine as they are. You can get 1tb for no less than $80 now end days.

yeah, but they are starting to become a bottleneck

I guess the real point is that they run faster and no heat since no moving parts.

Fixed thants

I guess the real point is that they run faster and no heat since no moving parts.

or noise or mechanical failure.

That too. It will probably be awhile before we see a good price for them.

It will be nice once they do come down in price.