Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Samuo

Neotokyo

3 posts in this topic

Neotokyo is a new and upcoming mod for the Half-Life 2 source engine from Valve. It's been in production for five years, ever since the Studio RADI-8 first introduced their concept for this game in the form of a quick Unreal Tournament 2004 mod.

I've actually been following this game's production for quite some time now, and I really have to say i'm really pumped for this to be released! What's amazing about this game is that Studio RADI-8 is a bunch of old programmers from the busniess, coming from various places (Such as SEGA), and they've teamed up to make and produce a mod with a very unique concept, and with no prior knowlage to how the Source engine works, runs, or preforms. I really have to say this game looks like it's going to be nothing short of epic win.

The story (As quoted from Neotokyo's offical website)

"NEOTOKYO takes place about 30-40 years from now in a Japan that has drifted into social/political strife due to the inevitable stresses that come from changing times. The Japanese government is grappling with intensified external (Asia geopolitics) and internal (economic/social) problems, and there is mounting pressure from within Japan to return to the days when it exerted influence through military power and strength. A failed legislative push to alter the Japanese Constitution (allowing the Japanese military to engage in offensive actions outside of the country) leads to an attempted military coup by members of Japan's armed forces (GSDF). The coup fails, but was very close to succeeding. In an effort to suppress further coup attempts, Japan's Prime Minister forms a branch inside the Interior Ministry's National Security Forces (NSF) called GROUP SIX. They answer directly to the Prime Minister and are sworn to protect the Japanese Constitution at all costs. They immediately begin to hear rumours of a rogue element of the GSDF Special Forces (JINRAI) maneuvering for a second coup attempt. These JINRAI are Special Operations Group 43 (SOG43), fierce nationalist loyal to their love of country, and a desire to put Japan back into a position of strength and power.

This begins the war in the shadows between the NSF and JINRAI. "

This game really involves the player with having to use seriously tactical strategies. Anything from the pros and cons of the three different classes to the implication of real-life issues such as ditched clips and tactical reloading are sure to keep the strategy key. There's a mass set of weapons, and various tricks in the game aswell (Such as themoptic camo or motion vision) to give the game even more reason to keep strategy at heart.

One key thing that I really like about this game, is the fact that they made an original 27-track OST for the game. I just recently bought it off of I-tunes, and considering that this is the music that will also be played in-game, I can't wait to listen while i'm playing. The music is very professional, and each song seems to have it's own feel and passion invested into it. The soundtrack includes songs that range from something more orientally-flaired to something eletronic, and fitting to the game's future setting. The composer of these tracks (Ed Harrison) really will go far with his musical talent (At least, in my opinion.)

I really have to say that from all the footage i've seen of this game, and from just the sheer work invested into this game both time-wise and effort-wise, that it will be something amazing.

But don't let my words speak for themselves, if your interested, check the homepage or the offical trailer that i've linked below.

Click Here for the homepage

(And sorry about the long post guys, I just really am psyched for this game :tongue: )

Neotokyo is a new and upcoming mod for the Half-Life 2 source engine from Valve. It's been in production for five years, ever since the Studio RADI-8 first introduced their concept for this game in the form of a quick Unreal Tournament 2004 mod.

I've actually been following this game's production for quite some time now, and I really have to say i'm really pumped for this to be released! What's amazing about this game is that Studio RADI-8 is a bunch of old programmers from the busniess, coming from various places (Such as SEGA), and they've teamed up to make and produce a mod with a very unique concept, and with no prior knowlage to how the Source engine works, runs, or preforms. I really have to say this game looks like it's going to be nothing short of epic win.

The story (As quoted from Neotokyo's offical website)

"NEOTOKYO takes place about 30-40 years from now in a Japan that has drifted into social/political strife due to the inevitable stresses that come from changing times. The Japanese government is grappling with intensified external (Asia geopolitics) and internal (economic/social) problems, and there is mounting pressure from within Japan to return to the days when it exerted influence through military power and strength. A failed legislative push to alter the Japanese Constitution (allowing the Japanese military to engage in offensive actions outside of the country) leads to an attempted military coup by members of Japan's armed forces (GSDF). The coup fails, but was very close to succeeding. In an effort to suppress further coup attempts, Japan's Prime Minister forms a branch inside the Interior Ministry's National Security Forces (NSF) called GROUP SIX. They answer directly to the Prime Minister and are sworn to protect the Japanese Constitution at all costs. They immediately begin to hear rumours of a rogue element of the GSDF Special Forces (JINRAI) maneuvering for a second coup attempt. These JINRAI are Special Operations Group 43 (SOG43), fierce nationalist loyal to their love of country, and a desire to put Japan back into a position of strength and power.

This begins the war in the shadows between the NSF and JINRAI. "

This game really involves the player with having to use seriously tactical strategies. Anything from the pros and cons of the three different classes to the implication of real-life issues such as ditched clips and tactical reloading are sure to keep the strategy key. There's a mass set of weapons, and various tricks in the game aswell (Such as themoptic camo or motion vision) to give the game even more reason to keep strategy at heart.

One key thing that I really like about this game, is the fact that they made an original 27-track OST for the game. I just recently bought it off of I-tunes, and considering that this is the music that will also be played in-game, I can't wait to listen while i'm playing. The music is very professional, and each song seems to have it's own feel and passion invested into it. The soundtrack includes songs that range from something more orientally-flaired to something eletronic, and fitting to the game's future setting. The composer of these tracks (Ed Harrison) really will go far with his musical talent (At least, in my opinion.)

I really have to say that from all the footage i've seen of this game, and from just the sheer work invested into this game both time-wise and effort-wise, that it will be something amazing.

But don't let my words speak for themselves, if your interested, check the homepage or the offical trailer that i've linked below.

Click Here for the homepage

(And sorry about the long post guys, I just really am psyched for this game :tongue: )

Doesn't look that bad.

THIS GAME FUCKING ROCKS WHO HAS IT!