Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Metalblade201

eon8 countdown video

18 posts in this topic

The aftermath page of the countdown was so 'bluh', lol you should off had some staticky video of like black/white war videos and then to then to some trippy matrix sort of stuff and then to an page explaining the premise behind the site itself

The aftermath page of the countdown was so 'bluh', lol you should off had some staticky video of like black/white war videos and then to then to some trippy matrix sort of stuff and then to an page explaining the premise behind the site itself

See, when you say "you" it is a misconception. Eon8 did not own eon8.com at the time of the countdown. However, I agree. Something fairly creepy would've been nice and THEN maybe a silly or anticlimactic end page or something.

that probably wouladav made this site more popular. more ppl wanting 2 see what has become of it but w/ that crappy ending it probably just pissed ppl off nd now those ppl dont want 2 bother w/ this site nymore

that probably wouladav made this site more popular. more ppl wanting 2 see what has become of it but w/ that crappy ending it probably just pissed ppl off nd now those ppl dont want 2 bother w/ this site nymore

Frankly, that would've happened whether something horrific actually did happen, or if the site immediately shut down following the link. About half the people would lose interest since it was done, about 1/4th would stick around for awhile then get bored, and the last 1/4th is the people like me, KRUPT, and the others who have been here for quite some time and will remain.

disturbdguy said:
See, when you say "you" it is a misconception. Eon8 did not own eon8.com at the time of the countdown. However, I agree. Something fairly creepy would've been nice and THEN maybe a silly or anticlimactic end page or something.

Correct, the person whose brainchild it was still remains a mystery. It must be the way they want it for whatever reason. They had plenty of chances to come forward afterwards, and now it's a little too late. Ah well, one's loss is another's gain.

I also agree that the conclusion page was lackluster in a lot of ways. I guess not so much in and of itself but there were so many far better things that could have been done.

EON8 said:

Correct, the person whose brainchild it was still remains a mystery. It must be the way they want it for whatever reason. They had plenty of chances to come forward afterwards, and now it's a little too late. Ah well, one's loss is another's gain.

I also agree that the conclusion page was lackluster in a lot of ways. I guess not so much in and of itself but there were so many far better things that could have been done.

My guess would simply be that the guy decided that he had enough with the creepiness/vagueness. He had enough and he'd done what he'd intended, so he wanted to be a tad silly/anticlimactic.

Also from what I understand he never thought it was going to get as big as it did. That makes me wonder what he had planned for the end if it didn't garner as much attention... probably nothing.

Also from what I understand he never thought it was going to get as big as it did. That makes me wonder what he had planned for the end if it didn't garner as much attention... probably nothing.

Haha. An interesting possibility: 3...2...1... black screen? Then I guess we can be thankful it DID get so much attention. That would've been worse than the end screen it DID have.

ur rite but he probably couldnt think of a good ending in enough time

Enough time? I don't remember rightly how much time was on the counter when it started, but he had a LOT of time, dude. He also was obviously very creative, to have thought of something like that, so he wouldn't have had a problem thinking something cool up. HOWEVER! He decided to go the rather plain route he did.

Yeah it was kinda lame, It wold have been cooler if he had some kind of DOS window or something and a mock up hack of some gov't agencies, and than on the side of that window have a world like view with random lines being drawn to random cities and countries as if it were some kind of attack...

Call me weird, but things like this, the whole countdown thing, I think it's sexy. Haha! I just like the feeling of something bad going to happen and then things turn out WAY different than expected, but mostly the anticipation part, wanting to know what's at the end of the rabbit hole.

That could be exactly why, the anticipation of what's going to happen at the end of something we have no clue about, it's just like a little kid wanting to open their Christmas or birthday presents, it's all they're focused on.