Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Samuo

New Thing on Hell.com?

15 posts in this topic

Okay, So me and Echo were talking about weird websites, since he was showing me eon5.com... And I was like "Oh, hey, you remember Hell.com?" And he's like "Yeah but that investigation is dead". So I was just wanting to see it again, and then I went there, and under the "HELL.COM is a private parallel web.

presently there is no public access" there's this dot. If you click the dot. If you click the dot, it takes you to http://hell.com/X/. And then it says "Repuchase your soul" And you click that and there's this thing that says "Yes". So you click that and it takes you to this weirddddd asss page... I don't know if Hell.com has already been solved...Since I haven't checked up on the investiation since like the first 2 days it was out... But This is something new to me.

Now if this is nothing new, and Hell.com has been solved... Sorry XD! I just haven't seen this... And I don't know if it's new or not

EDIT:

I looked on the master list that Eon8 posted and it said solved. Sorry ^^;;;

Those are new additions since last we looked into it. I saw it a couple months ago. It appears to me that they're just looking for donations. It must use a large amount of bandwidth thus very costly to keep up.

hell.com is and always will be, 'the shit!' ever since junior high!

Those are new additions since last we looked into it. I saw it a couple months ago. It appears to me that they're just looking for donations. It must use a large amount of bandwidth thus very costly to keep up.

I could belive that for the reason why they always want dontations... But that's really an odd way of gaining donations XD.. I wonder how many people actually donate...

hell.com is and always will be, 'the shit!' ever since junior high!

Right on. XD! I love Hell.com, it's so addicting ever since I heard of it, and it's like not even more than 20 pages.

You have to figure that all they would need to do to make money is put up some advertisements.

You have to figure that all they would need to do to make money is put up some advertisements.

They ALMOST do with that Google search bar. I guarantee they don't wanna advertise 'cause it would mess with their oh-so-pure appearance. Would kinda throw off their new front page's appearance a bit if there were an ad banner or ten.

Thats true, I was thinking the same thing while typing the post. We're in the same boat as I would never put up advertisements on the main page either.

Thats true, I was thinking the same thing while typing the post. We're in the same boat as I would never put up advertisements on the main page either.

And we all thank you for it. Haha. Advertisements are the bane of any self-respecting interweb-surfer.

They're really getting out of hand to the point where something needs to be done. Seems websites are becoming more advertisements than actual content. I say if you can't afford the cost than don't run the site. I understand theres many variables and circumstances beyond the webmasters control, but are advertisements really the answer? The only time people click on them is by mistake. A lot of people use Adblock and don't see them at all. Instead of ads how about paid memberships. If the sites popular enough where they need a million ads then apparently its popular enough where people will pay for whatever content it has.

They're really getting out of hand to the point where something needs to be done. Seems websites are becoming more advertisements than actual content. I say if you can't afford the cost than don't run the site. I understand theres many variables and circumstances beyond the webmasters control, but are advertisements really the answer? The only time people click on them is by mistake. A lot of people use Adblock and don't see them at all. Instead of ads how about paid memberships. If the sites popular enough where they need a million ads then apparently its popular enough where people will pay for whatever content it has.

I am both agreed and dissenting as far as that opinion goes. While a lack of ads would be a beautiful thing for those of us who do not use ad blocking software, it would kinda suck balls if certain websites required payment.

Thats true, but if it was a site I really loved i'd rather have to pay a fee than have it close.

Say you have a website or forum and it becomes so popular that your hosting fees are a thousand dollars a month. Now unless you have an extremely well paying job you're not going to be able to afford it. You can fill the site with ads but its doubtful you'll make anywhere near that every month. So the choices would be to close the site or make it a paid membership.

a paid membership would help in a couple ways. You would be getting money for the hosting costs, bandwidth would be reduced, and it would weed out a lot of undesirables.

a paid membership would help in a couple ways. You would be getting money for the hosting costs, bandwidth would be reduced, and it would weed out a lot of undesirables.

Good point. Still, as a member of the unemployed masses at the moment, I must disagree with the idea of paid memberships. Haha

New developments:

As a old timer of Hell.com I recieved an Email from Enigma stating that Hell is being sold. It will now become Lyqyd.com. My former Email with Hell will be transfered aswell. Kinda of interesting. Also has anyone done any research into http://fratellibat.com/ Same guy who owns Hell.com.

Its about time the owner sells it. They're sitting on a possibly multimillion dollar domain name and instead of becoming rich they decided to keep it. Well in a way I guess I would do the same... They know once they sell it they'll be set for life. They probably figured during the time they kept it they would make a nice income off of it using Adsense. Then when they got older they would sell it and live happily ever after.