Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
KRUPT

Acer reveals Windows 7 release date

26 posts in this topic

It seems as if Acer has spilled the beans on Microsoft's Windows 7 release plans during a recent event in London.

"23rd October is the date that Windows 7 will be available," said Bobby Watkins, Managing Director of Acer UK, in an interview with Pocket-lint. "There is a 30 day upgrade time so that customers don't wait to buy a new computer, so if you buy during that 30 day period, you'll get a free upgrade to Windows 7."

http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/605557/acer...lease-date.html

I can see the date being then as it pretty much seemed finished already in the beta version.

Though I can't believe they are going to call it 7 as I understand it. That was supposed to be just the working name. Its very lackluster in my opinion. Granted every version they gave a name to besides XP sucked. I think they should just stick with the dates the OS is released like in the past. They could be playing it safe by leaving it as windows 7 since the name vista contributed to its poor public image.

Windows 7 isn't even the 7th version of windows. I guess they're only counting from windows 95 and up.

millennium edition

xp

vista

I think the next version should be called EON8. :wink::laugh:

Hehe... Due to my ever so sneaky ways, I have a full copy of 7 already. It's pretty much exactly a cleaned up version of Vista with a few new bells and whistles.

Hehe... Due to my ever so sneaky ways, I have a full copy of 7 already. It's pretty much exactly a cleaned up version of Vista with a few new bells and whistles.

One of my dad's friends/co-worker managed to get a copy of Windows 7 from a Dell associate. I've used it on my spare computer. Like you said, it's nothing more than a cleaned, error free (for now) version of the beta. I've even uploaded the .iso on mininova, but the .iso became corrupt (torrent users messed with it b/c it worked fine when I tried it) Long story short, It's basically Vista, with a new dress...

I personaly wish it was called Windows Aeon :hurt:

I personaly wish it was called Windows Aeon

Pretty much anything would've been better than "7." :thumbsdown:

According to the wiki page the next one is going to be called 8, and the following one Infinity I take it. Which if true is just plain stupid. There are so many cool things associated with the numeral 8 i'm sure they can come up with something a hell of a lot better. Christ, I would call windows 8 infinity because you can turn the 8 on its side and have the infinity symbol.

According to the wiki page the next one is going to be called 8, and the following one Infinity I take it. Which if true is just plain stupid. There are so many cool things associated with the numeral 8 i'm sure they can come up with something a hell of a lot better. Christ, I would call windows 8 infinity because you can turn the 8 on its side and have the infinity symbol.

No one ever accused Microsnot of making sense. If it struck their fancy, it would not surprise me in the least to discover a "Windows Pi" with as many decimal places of the number as they could fit on the box.

Just a little something I made.

Noice. The Windows "4 box" thing needs to be a little more modernized and possibly a little bit rounded or wavy and you've probably got Microsnot's next marketing campaign wrapped up. Lol

-_-

I think it's called it by a certain number of OS's.

Windows 1

Windows 2

Windows 3

Windows 95

Windows XP

Windows Vista.

I know there are other OS's, but I think that's what they are calling it off of.

Windows 1

Windows 2

Windows 3

Windows 95

Windows XP

Windows Vista.

I know there are other OS's, but I think that's what they are calling it off of.

That doesn't make much sense though. xolconfused.gif

Windows 1

Windows 2

Windows 3

Windows 95

Windows XP

Windows Vista.

Wait... ???

Windows 95 was the first right?

And then Windows 97

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows Vista...

Most people don't consider Microsoft's Millennium Edition an actual OS. Thats why Microsoft invented XP in the first place, to cover up for Millennium Edition's mass amounts of mistakes.

Wait... ???

Windows 95 was the first right?

And then Windows 97

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows Vista...

There were Windows operating systems way before 1995. Windows 95 was just the operating system that spear headed home computing and consequently was the year the internet took off.

This is the order:

millennium edition

xp

vista

Most people don't consider Microsoft's Millennium Edition an actual OS. Thats why Microsoft invented XP in the first place, to cover up for Millennium Edition's mass amounts of mistakes.

Heres the story I remember about millennium edition. After Windows 98 came out Windows 2000 did. The problem was everybody thought that 2000 was the successor to 98 but it wasn't. Yes you could use 2000 for home use but it was an operating system Microsoft developed for offices and businesses. Long story short Microsoft screwed up on the naming part and should have never called it Windows 2000. They scrambled for a solution which came in the form of a new operating system they threw together named millennium edition (millennium in this instance meaning 2000) It went down in history as being the worst operating system they ever released.

Now thats the story I knew way back then. Another twist in it says that Microsoft was developing both 2000 and millennium edition at about the same time but 2000 had an earlier release date of around a year. They released 2000 as planned and like in the above paragraph people thought it was the successor to 98 not realizing the successor to it (millennium edition) still had a while to go before its release date. Due to the mass confusion Microsoft was forced to release it early and thus as a slapped together piece of crap.

There were Windows operating systems way before 1995. Windows 95 was just the operating system that spear headed home computing and consequently was the year the internet took off.

This is the order:

millennium edition

xp

vista

Heres the story I remember about millennium edition. After Windows 98 came out Windows 2000 did. The problem was everybody thought that 2000 was the successor to 98 but it wasn't. Yes you could use 2000 for home use but it was an operating system Microsoft developed for offices and businesses. Long story short Microsoft screwed up on the naming part and should have never called it Windows 2000. They scrambled for a solution which came in the form of a new operating system they threw together named millennium edition (millennium in this instance meaning 2000) It went down in history as being the worst operating system they ever released.

Now thats the story I knew way back then. Another twist in it says that Microsoft was developing both 2000 and millennium edition at about the same time but 2000 had an earlier release date of around a year. They released 2000 as planned and like in the above paragraph people thought it was the successor to 98 not realizing the successor to it (millennium edition) still had a while to go before its release date. Due to the mass confusion Microsoft was forced to release it early and thus as a slapped together piece of crap.

Oh I see xD

Missing from that list is::

Windows NT

Windows CE

o_o I barely remember Windows CE, but you're right...

CE, ME, and NT =D CEMENT (If anyone's seen that video making fun of windows where they list that)