Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
disturbdguy

Tales of the Supernatural and the Occult!

24 posts in this topic

It's been requested of me by B.O.19 that I detail some of my more interesting experiences with the paranormal and supernatural, so I've decided to create this thread! At the moment it's about 2:20am and I'm tired as balls from having driven pretty much the length and breadth of New Jersey for the fun of it (I like to drive... a lot). However, in the near future (or possibly after a quick smoke break this evening) I shall begin some of my tales.

::EDIT!:: After posting the first of the experiences I've had, I have realized that I have a tendency to recall things of this nature in such a way that they appear to be stories more than recollections of factual events. I swear to the readers of this topic that I am being completely honest and it is simply a product of my education in journalism. I'm way too used to writing for an audience. However, I'll let the reader come to their own conclusions as far as whether to believe me or not.

Alright. Some background: for a goodly number of years I was Baptist. A series of events (unfortunate events, if you will) lead to me losing faith and deciding on atheism. Following my departure from religion, I found myself curious. If I had believed in something like this for so long, what do people believe that is opposite of this? This lead to a profound amount of mostly-internet-with-some-literature research into the paranormal and the occult.

While I never considered myself to be an occultist/wiccan/satanist/what have you, I did dabble in random things here or there to see if they provoked any more of a result than my "faith" in Christianity had. In my metaphorical/metaphysical travels, I discovered that most of said practices had no more results than praying for what one wants to an invisible man who lives somewhere above us.

However, I did have some interesting experiences that lead to my firm belief that some powers/entities/abilities do exist. I still do mess with the practice of Tarot and Runes from time to time as I've had consistent success with them, but given the nature of these practices (they are highly influenced by individual interpretation) I won't bored you with those events. What follows are memories of practices and events that have happened to/been performed by me or close family and friends whom I trust.

One of the first experiences I had I almost don't wish to speak of. Not due to creepiness or whatever, but because I don't have much detail on it. I don't remember what I was into/researching at the time, I only remember the results.

Back when I would regularly research random occult practices I came upon a text (again, I don't remember WHAT text exactly, just that it was in a random language very foreign to me). The sky was completely and totally clear that evening. The only reason I remember this is because as I attempted to phonetically sound out the strange words, it got progressively cloudier, despite the predicted clear skies. Whenever I'd stop reading, it wouldn't get clearer again, but it didn't get more cloudy either. At one point I even stopped reading, talked to some friends online, and read a bit of a collection of comics (Zits) just to clear my head and see if I was coming to conclusions based on what I subconciously expected to happen. However, the clouds stayed the same as when I had stopped reading the occult bit and got no better or worse.

At this point, I was re-reading the same passage because it was fairly short, but with each reading it got cloudier to the point where it was pitch black other than street/house lights. Then every time I would finish a sentence, lightning would strike very near to my house (the flash followed by thunder a split second later variety).

lightning-gallery-18.jpg

Again, I paused for about a half hour to test this theory. During the half hour, no lightning struck, and the clouds stayed as they were. So for about an hour I continued, reading a sentence at random intervals followed immediately, the second I finished the sentence, by lightning and thunder. After this hour of random testing, I stopped. At the time it was out of fear that I had found a legitimate occult text. I was concerned that if reading the thing had made the weather progressively worse, what might've happened if I continued to do so.

Either I am the master of coincidence, or I really stumbled upon something that I would rather not test again. I'll let the reader be the judge.

I'm wide awake suddenly and on a roll, so here goes another event! This one is actually relatively recent and has bothered me quite a bit. I will preface this by saying: I have a friend who has witnessed this particular event, and though he does not have an account on eon8, this is one of the rare moments where I'm not the only one to have experienced it.

If one believes in that sort of thing, spiders are stereotypically associated with the negative and, in some circles, even with unpleasant entities (demons, poltergeist, angry deceased humans, believe what you will). For the past two years, I've had the ability to tell exactly where spiders are. It isn't like I can stand in a spot and say "ok, there will be one of "w" size and "x" shape with "y" color on it at "z" location. It's more like if I'm in a given location, I will feel a powerful compulsion to look in a direction and invariably, when I feel that compulsion, there is a spider in the exact center of my vision.

An example was at the aforementioned friend's house. We were in his backyard in a tent/gazebo/thing and I was telling him how I had been experiencing this. I suddenly felt the compulsion to look in a very specific direction again so I said "wait... just look where I look, there's a spider there." I was sitting at the door and he was sitting on a cooler straight across from me. I was compelled to look roughly 90 degrees to my right and 30 degrees above my eye level and sure enough, one was sitting on the gazebo-thing's support post. When my friend saw it and went "oh wow..." it immediately ran around the other side of the post. It gets better.

Continuing! I suddenly felt extremely and unpleasantly freaked out. Like the "you're being watched" sorta feeling, only worse, as I felt the compulsion to look directly underneath my friend. It's the strongest I've ever experienced it and it's never been as powerful since that moment. I was highly disconcerted, sat bolt upright, and my friend noticed I was staring seemingly at the floor and asked if I was ok. Very quickly, a large spider (about the size of a silver dollar coin, which is large for the region), ran out from where my friend was sitting and only stopped running when it got one foot in front of where I was sitting.

As it sat there and stayed directly there, I felt the compulsion from multiple directions. I stared at the large spider at my feet, but would point to where I felt the urge to look. Afterwards, my friend told me I had, with 100% accuracy pointed at 5 separate spiders (all smaller than my friend at my feet). Immediately following the 5th spider, the large one ran towards my friend to a point directly between me and him, then made an exact 90 degree turn and went under the flap of the gazebo/tent. We went back inside shortly afterwards.

The effect seems limited to line-of-site and even further limited by what I focus on. IE if I happen to be standing in a yard with a fence around it, I can see further then the fence but subconsciously I am only concerned with the yard itself so I'll only feel it within the yard. Since that moment, it's also been off and on where I'll go a few weeks at a time without feeling the compulsion to look somewhere. However, when it happens, there's always a spider there.

thnx. appreciate the great storys. i love paranormal/supernatural stories but those r probably the freakiest nd best 1s iv heard so far. those 2 nd the 1 about the sihlouette or h/e its spelled

thnx. appreciate the great storys. i love paranormal/supernatural stories but those r probably the freakiest nd best 1s iv heard so far. those 2 nd the 1 about the sihlouette or h/e its spelled

Silhouette is the spelling. And they aren't stories. They're true events that have happened to me. I've got more and I'll tell the others sometime soon.

Recently, I've had a regular series of events happen in my own home. It was around 3pm and thus it was still light outside. I also had all the lights on in the room in which I was sitting. I was watching TV with my 3 dogs. As I was watching, they began whining and barking and I began feeling as though being watched. I ignored it, shushed my dogs, and watched on. As I watched, I shit you not, dark shadows started moving over the wall behind the TV, the floor, and in fact seemed to lift up off these surfaces to float very close, but still over, said surfaces. I sat and watched, dumbfounded, before deciding that I'd had enough. I own several small coin-sized pendants on necklaces that are imprinted with various sigils and symbols. One of which is to remove unwanted entities from one's general area. I normally keep it hanging above my bed in my room so I went to grab it. As I walked, my vision blurred. However, to my confusion, it ONLY blurred in a circular patch in the EXACT center of my vision. I would equivocate it to someone holding a one-foot diameter piece of dirty cellophane about two feet in front of your eyes and ensuring that it remained in the exact location your eyes were focusing. Finally, I got to my room and everything ceased for the rest of the day once I got near the pendant. However, more and more recently I've heard muffled conversations seeming to come from multiple locations throughout my house whenever everyone else is sleeping. I can never hear what's being said, but I always can hear multiple distinctive voices. I know these don't have a rational source because I've been irrational and searched my entire home and surrounding area several times this has happened and found no reason for it. No late-night wanderers chatting around my neighborhood, nothing left on (tv radio etc) in my home or any of my neighbor's homes, etc. I'm getting used to it, but how much can one really get used to knowing some strange entity is in their house and might manifest at random, unexpected times?

If you have a laptop or computer thats in or near where you think the voices are coming from you can always try and record it. You could also buy a small recording device that automatically starts recording when it picks up sound. The noise might not be loud enough to trigger it though.

They come from different spots at different times. Never one specific spot. I've got a tape recorder (one of those ones journalists use with the mini-cassette) that can do just that: turn on triggered by sound, but it's limited by it's battery life. It would also be a complete guess that might not pick up anything if the entities in question decide they don't want to go where I think they will or just not speak at all that day.

The toughest part is the complete randomness. Theres no fool proof method to record it unfortunately.

If you're looking to get rid of it i'm sure theres sites that tell you different things you could try.

Oh hell no. I love that my house is haunted. Gives me a real-life unknown to try and understand and figure out. I don't want to rid myself of them, but I agree the randomness is frustrating.

You should put a resume into Orkin pest control... You would be their top exterminator... This humor by no means should indicate any lack of believe or presence of sarcasm. Just making light. Besides I am sure you would not kill them since you have this strange bond... Maybe just relocate.

You should put a resume into Orkin pest control... You would be their top exterminator... This humor by no means should indicate any lack of believe or presence of sarcasm. Just making light. Besides I am sure you would not kill them since you have this strange bond... Maybe just relocate.

I don't follow... I get the paranormal entity = pests comparison, but I don't quite see how me experiencing the things I have would make me good at getting rid of either spirits or roaches. Then again... I could be reading too far into the thing. Either that or I'm too damned tired for my own good and my brain is slowly but surely slipping away.

Oh hell no. I love that my house is haunted. Gives me a real-life unknown to try and understand and figure out. I don't want to rid myself of them, but I agree the randomness is frustrating.

the outcome is never good in situations like this....be aware..it can get BAD!!

YEY NEW POSTER!

Check it out: gravedigging my own post.

I have some updates since the last time I bothered posting in this thread, so I figure it's justified.

EVP: I finally caught the entities in my home via audio recording from my laptop. The setting was my living room. It was while I was home by myself, but in the middle of the afternoon. I felt the weird sensation I normally do when my visitors are active, so I set up a few recordings. In the first recording, a 30's-ish female voice responded to my asking where it was from by saying "Davenport." There are many people and places with this name, so I couldn't pin anything down with that. I forget what prompted it, but later in the session, a very young female voice announced "but my face fell off!" A bit unnerving, but it was said in a tone of voice that seemed more that of a child whining and trying to get someone to believe something happened that didn't.

EVP 2: The f***ing file corrupted. I was very annoyed. Determined to get some sort of proof (I'd told several people about my very clear, perfectly understandable EVP and suddenly had nothing to show for it). I waited for another "someone's watching" moment. This time, it happened at breakfast a month or so later. I turned on the recorder as I was cleaning up the dishes from breakfast. The laptop in my dining room, me in the kitchen, I started calling out questions. I got responses to two.

Why did you say Davenport?

"Because it's where we're from"

And what was that about your face falling off?

This reply is more questionable, but it sounded almost like a girly giggle, as if acknowleding her own joke.

I still have this file, although at the moment it's archived on an external flash drave of mine in case something happens to my computer. I don't need another corrupted positive EVP.

For the sake of keeping this neat, I'll be posting a continuation immediately following this. Want to avoid a "too long, didn't read" situation by breaking it up a bit.

I've learned, through research and discussion with friends who have been in such circles for longer than I have, that my sensitivity and experiences matches fairly well with being an Empath. That is, one who can sense the presence, and often the mood, of other entities. Personally, that means that I'm able to sense and interact in the ways described previously in this thread specifically due to this supposed ability to connect to other beings. Theoretically, a true empath can even go so far as to sense, feel and even project emotional states to and from living beings. I'm still skeptical of the latter trait: picking up on the mood of people in one's immediate area isn't exactly a paranormal thing. It can be picked up simply by being observant. And as far as transmitting my emotions to others, skepticism aside, it doesn't sound like something I'd want to do.

I have also learned that my father has had similar experiences to the ones I've been describing, as far as the activity in my home. I feel he is more sensitive than I am, though, as he claims to hear the conversations more loudly (though he can never make out what is being said) and claims they sometimes like to dance in the first floor hall between the office and living room. I've always known he believed in the supernatural (I grew up with stories of how he spent time at a relative's haunted home when he was younger), but he'd always previously appeared skeptical about it happening anywhere else. I guess learning that his son had started more seriously examining these happenings helped him open up a bit, as well. My mother still remains the stubborn disbeliever: joking about it whenever I bring something up or immediately having a real-world explanation for anything I see, hear or feel, despite not being there for the events herself.

Since I learned these things, and since the last time I made a thorough update in this thread, the activity in my home has risen. Shortly before I typed this up (it was the motivation that lead to me coming back to Eon8's paranormal forum) I felt the need to stand in the hallway, outside the door to my own room and look down the hall. At this point, I smelled Selsun Blue: it's an anti-dandruff shampoo that has a mint-like smell, but very intensely so. Either that, or the only scent that it could be compared to is Vicks vapor rub. No one in my family uses either product and we do not have any in the house. Immediately upon catching this scent, I heard conversation coming from downstairs (my room is on the 2nd floor) and, strangely, coming from the gap under my door. Not from the room itself, mind you: just that gap.

Meanwhile, my cats (I have three) kept staring as if something was flying around the ceiling, and one of the cats chased the non-visible whatever-it-was right to the gap under my door. She immediately started pawing at the gap in that way cats do when they want a door to open but can't figure out how. Picking her up, she struggled in my arms to spin around and face the door, but stopped immediately and began once again following something's path across my ceiling. I placed her on the floor and quietly stepped downstairs. The sounds from the first floor had stopped when I focused on the gap under my door, however, so I went back to my room.

As I sit here relating this to the reader, a low-power fan and nothing else is on in my room. I keep feeling as though I'd turned my air conditioner on and a chill comes in gusts, similar to the slight gust one feels when someone rushes by them. I also keep catching alternating black and white motes of fog-like vapor out of the corners of my eyes, or extremely brief glimpses of light out my window in a direction where there is no light source. There has been no further muffled conversation.