Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ipressthebuttons

Can we start a list of good Privacy software?

13 posts in this topic

Privacy meaning anything that protects your or your computer's privacy, such as anti-spyware, cookie managing programs, and software to delete or hide things you don't want others to see (LIKE PRON LOL)

Free stuff preferred. If it's not free, or if it's only a trial version, then please post that.

My list:
*AVG Anti-virus: Free, open source anti-virus and anti-spyware, and possibly the best antivirus out there.
*CCleaner: Gets rid of unwanted files that can cause a mess on your computer, like temporary files, broken shortcuts, outdated software, etc.
*Firefox: You can set it to clear all private data (history, cookies, etc.) upon browser exit, which I like... though I'm looking for a more private browser.

You can see first post of this thread to see what I like to use: http://www.eon8.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

That incognito mode in the Chrome browser doesn't seem to be anything special to me at least. You can do the same thing in Firefox or Ccleaner. Running it takes the same amount of steps too. :P I thought it was going to do something cool like be a built in proxy server.

You can see first post of this thread to see what I like to use: http://www.eon8.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

That incognito mode in the Chrome browser doesn't seem to be anything special to me at least. You can do the same thing in Firefox or Ccleaner. Running it takes the same amount of steps too. :P I thought it was going to do something cool like be a built in proxy server.

It IS only a beta version.

This is true. It would be an awesome feature if it worked like a proxy server. But then it would just be an invitation for people to do bad things.

yeah U torrents the bomb... and thepiratebays got some killer torrents...

read comments first.. so you know what your downloading, cause yeah.

Man know whats a bad program to use?

Limewire....

yeah it may seem cool and snazzy but wow the viruses it attracts

Crazy crap

yeah U torrents the bomb... and thepiratebays got some killer torrents...

read comments first.. so you know what your downloading, cause yeah.

Man know whats a bad program to use?

Limewire....

yeah it may seem cool and snazzy but wow the viruses it attracts

Crazy crap

You added absolutely nothing to the conversation, and all you're managing to do is throw it further in the direction of piracy.

I'm thinking more like NINJA software. Not stealing... hiding. And... being cool.

Well it could be that too. ;D

I use µTorrent and find torrents via http://www.torrentpond.com

yes.. i sure didnt "ADD" anything to the conversation... lol

I dont know about the rest of you but you really cant take from a conversation...

lol oh, I think  you mean the TOPIC of the conversation being about Privacy

Google Chrome has an "incognito" mode, in which it does not write to history or accept cookies. There are limitations though...

incogta9.png

Learn more about incognito browsing.

I laughed ;D

Yeah SpyBot S&D is the shit, NOD32 is a good shareware AV, K7 costs money but it's what I use for my AV and firewall and everything basically. And you can always manually go in and delete all your temp files and cookies and all that stuff regularly, or set it up to delete all that stuff like, once a day or once a month or anything like that.