Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
meowreka

is this place active?

13 posts in this topic

It all depends on what your idea of active is.

I don't know how you found us but there shouldn't be any mystery if you know what Eon8 is/was.

This forum is private because it acts somewhat as a screening process. We're trying to avoid what the typical message board has become.

well you still get people who can't spell (look above)

and I was here before. I'm not sure if it was on the same modem or not, so maybe the IP changed and you can't tell. Oh well. The e-mail I used for that account was hacked so I couldn't recover the password I had forgotten.

well you still get people who can't spell (look above)

and I was here before. I'm not sure if it was on the same modem or not, so maybe the IP changed and you can't tell. Oh well. The e-mail I used for that account was hacked so I couldn't recover the password I had forgotten.

Bitching at people for spelling would be going a little too far. If a person uses Firefox theres really no reason to make many grammatical errors as it corrects your spelling as you type. People should also know the difference between there, their, and they're etc... but what are you going to do you know? I'm far more concerned with behavior than with spelling.

I think it was just a typo anyway, that guy I was talking about. Not really meaning to be rude.

And yeah, you're going to get dicks any way you slice it. I know you just don't want the majority of the forum to be a bunch of little kids running around and screaming "OH MY GODDDD THAT'S SO RANDOM!" but still, as it is now it's more or less a personal forum for 5 or so "active" posters

I guess. I just really like this place, but get so bored when there is about three posts a day in topics of interest. Is it okay if I advertise this site?

also, I think maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make at least one subforum viewable to guests, and make at least one sticky topic in that subforum explain what the eon 8 incident was, blah blah blah

and free stickers

I want an eon8 sticker

Yeah, you can advertise it all you want.

We've done the guest forum idea before but in a slightly different fashion. I created a new forum section just for guests to freely post in anonymously. It also contained an explanation about Eon8. It ended up being one of those things that was better in theory.

Instead of opening the entire forum for a few days to let search engine spiders crawl it, it might be a better idea to permanently open a section we already have to guest viewing like general discussion for example.

yeah that's what I thought. But I mean, open up one of the sections that has the best posts in it.

I was thinking either General Discussion or the "Other" forum in the Strange/Weird Websites section.