Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

Urban terror- Possibly the best mod for Quake 3 arena

14 posts in this topic

Well, let me start off by saying this mod is pretty awesome.

Basically this is a "Realism mod" For quake 3 arena (Also available in a standalone Edition)

The weapons are all handle differently, and have different damages.

Also, when you get shot, you have to bandage, otherwise you can bleed out and die.

Official Urbanterror website- (Click here)

This game is avaliable on windows, Mac OSX (And, yes this game is available for Linux, kxrxoxnxixc :wink:)

I have been playing this game for years, and it is very fun.

(Note- if you get the quake 3 version, and no UI appears, get the standalone version and use that instead)

Its a first person shooter.

It was one of the founding PC games that popularized the genre. Along with Doom, Duke Nukem, Heretic, Hexxen, and Wolfenstein 3D for example.

Mhm! It's a really great game, and I love it (If you haven't looked at my signature yet).

Urban Terror is great aswell, it's like Quake but with modern military weapons... It's a nice mix, and there's some parkour (I dunno how to spell it) features in it that really mix up the fighting (EX: Jumping off of walls, ledge grabbing, sliding). And they're currently working on a new version featuring some new weapons in it.

Mhm! It's a really great game, and I love it (If you haven't looked at my signature yet).

Urban Terror is great aswell, it's like Quake but with modern military weapons... It's a nice mix, and there's some parkour (I dunno how to spell it) features in it that really mix up the fighting (EX: Jumping off of walls, ledge grabbing, sliding). And they're currently working on a new version featuring some new weapons in it.

.... Although i have to say the p90 should be a main weapon..

but, the smgs currently in the latest version of the game are both secondary and main, so i guess you can choose the p90 for one or the other or something.

i dont think its that powerful anyways, so, it evens it out

I said the exact same thing when they announced the P90s as a secondary. It should be a main, since the P90 has 50 rounds to a damn clip and it's got an insane firing rate making it easily one of the best SMGs around. Having it as the secondary would mean that you could have an AK-47 and then a P90 O_O;

but, the smgs currently in the latest version of the game are both secondary and main, so i guess you can choose the p90 for one or the other or something.

i dont think its that powerful anyways, so, it evens it out

well in real life the p90 has a high rate of fire which is what its known for

Wait are you talking about the one they are working on?

And personally I think they should do an RE4 Type of thing where you have space and you can fill it with guns. So there is no Primary secondary just space to fill.

Wait are you talking about the one they are working on?

And personally I think they should do an RE4 Type of thing where you have space and you can fill it with guns. So there is no Primary secondary just space to fill.

Yes, the one they are working on.

I think an inventory shouldn't be used because its not a long dragged out battle, and you can get new gear after every match, where as RE4 is long and dragged out and it is a while before you can get new gear

Think of some thing where it takes up weight or size. I kinda liked how they had it in the previous game. But the thing is that I don't like the whole Primary Secondary thing. For Example Samuo can use the pistol as a main weapon so why not let him have more than the 2 extra items, he might want 3 extra clips so those would take up some space.