Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

Eon8 Fan Site!

16 posts in this topic

Wow, I can't believe that place is still functional. It was put up shortly after the timer ended and then abandoned.

Hey! Good ol' Matt went on there and posted bit!

Look around in the general discussion on that site and you'll find his posts.

Hey! Good ol' Matt went on there and posted bit!

Look around in the general discussion on that site and you'll find his posts.

Which Matt?

There's only one Matt on this fourm, Matt =D

I think it was another Matt judging by the date of the posts over there. Remember that this is the 3rd incarnation of the board. Each time we changed boards we lost all of the posts and members and had to start from scratch again. I acquired the domain name in 2006 and promptly turned it into a forum. Over the next two years we changed boards twice. Then in 2008 we changed again to where we're at now which is our permanent home. From 06-08 we had a very active member named Matt who was a mod as well. If I recall correctly he was the one that went over there and posted.

Something just occurred to me. I've owned Eon8 longer than the person who was responsible for it all did. icon11k.gif

I was just searching Google for Eon8 and came across this fan site.I had forgotten all about it, and was surprised that its still functioning. So that makes two Eon8 fan sites that were created.

What I don't get is why people would go to a fan site yet not the original. Just like the whole interview thing. Why not just email the new owner, not interview the creator of a fansite.

Its pretty awful looking too.

The fan sites were made at the beginning during the countdown timer. People were trying to congregate everyone into a single place to talk about it instead of scattered all over the Internet.

His poor site didn't get very far.It was poorly put together anyway, not like this site. There was another countdown type thing going but oh well.