Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

www.oldskool.com

5 posts in this topic

Theres a lot of vintage computer sites out there. That ones ok, nothing overly special though. I had this grand idea at one time of taking a Commodore PET computer and putting modern day innards in it. My dream was shattered though when I found a couple others had done it already. They also did a better job than I would of done. Ah well :indifferent:

Theres a lot of vintage computer sites out there. That ones ok, nothing overly special though. I had this grand idea at one time of taking a Commodore PET computer and putting modern day innards in it. My dream was shattered though when I found a couple others had done it already. They also did a better job than I would of done. Ah well :indifferent:

Alright

Its a shame IBM no longer makes home computers (only servers and workstations now) They got some bad publicity with their Deskstar hard drives being all but defective. They eventually sold off the home computer part of the company to Lenovo. Now I hear rumors about how they aren't going to make any kind of computers anymore which I think is an exceptionally bad idea if true.