Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Flavors of Linux...

11 posts in this topic

I don't know how many people use Linux based OS's around here, but all in all, just wanna know what your favorite flavor of Linux is...

::Ubuntu
::Backtrack3
::Fedora

I've tried these distros.

Mandriva (when it was known as Mandrake)

knoppix

Debian

Ubuntu

Out of those my favorite would be Ubuntu. Though I think I prefer the KDE version over the Gnome one just for the simple fact that I can't stand a taskbar being at the top. I accredit that to being a windows user for fifteen years now. :tongue:

Yeah, I haven't been a *unix distro in a looooong time now. The reason? No beginning classes in college really allow you to do so, and therefore, I am stuck in windows for as far as the eye can see...

The closest I get to Linux is Android... =(

Yeah, I haven't been a *unix distro in a looooong time now. The reason? No beginning classes in college really allow you to do so, and therefore, I am stuck in windows for as far as the eye can see...

The closest I get to Linux is Android... =(

it happens

my favorites , order matters:

1) Fedora 15

2) Red hat enterprise Linux 6.1

3) Slackware

after some tweaks and some frustations with the new gnome 3 and kernel 3.x introduction in fedora 15 , i've manage to have tweak it to my taste,

i really love linux, it lets you be a ninja OS.