Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EnDZYm3

Console Mods

4 posts in this topic

I have both a custom case mod, and DVD drive mod on my Xbox 360.

I don't own a camera, so unfortunately I can't post pics :sad:

But the DVD drive mod let's me play burned games! :thumbsup:

My friend is actually the one who did it all for me. My Xbox was his first experiemnt, then he modded his own shortly after, now he has his own shop on ebay and youtube videos to showcase his latest projects.

Here's a link to his youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xbh1h2

He bought a red-ringed-Xbox off of ebay for $50, repaired it, modded the case, and sold it for $200. If my calculations are correct, that's a 400% profit.

Since the profit is so miraculous, he's still doing it. He just needs buyers is all, and it's hard to get the wordd out around the net without spamming people. So he relies on ebay shoppers to just happen upon his digi-kiosk. :cool:

I also have a modded Wii, but I don't use it. I don't even turn it on. It just...sits...in my sisters room.... :sick:

And my modded PSP is used to play ROMs while on the go (and the occasional downloaded PSP game).

So what about you guys? Do you own any modded consoles (or handhelds)?

My friend mods XBox's on post for people in the army to make a little extra cash on the side. The only problem with doing it now, is unless you have a specific drive, Microsoft will ban your xbox, or flag it for banning, and when you begin to save data after being banned, it'll corrupt your data.

There should be a firmware release soon from the underground that will make it harder to find modded box's...

unless you have a specific drive, Microsoft will ban your xbox, or flag it for banning, and when you begin to save data after being banned, it'll corrupt your data.

There should be a firmware release soon from the underground that will make it harder to find modded box's...

That's why I've been staying offline during the ban wave. When I was at Se7enSins (Modding forum), and saw that a shitload of people were complaining about getting banned, I decided that I would stay under the radar, and pop my HDD into my friend's Xbox and play on XBL over there instead. It works out well because it's only a five minute walk to his house. :thumbsup:

Nice, but if you ever decide to get back online using your xbox, and it has been flagged for banning, youll get banned and than a wave of depression will come to you, and than you'll start crying and hating your life... It'd be a sad day. I think the Hitachi drives have some kind of firmware or something where they can't get banned yet.

Also the modders are coming out with a firmware release which won't allow microsoft to ban you for now. There is also a chip on the market that if your xbox has been banned and your hard drive got locked, it'll unlock your drive and all that. Some third party company came out with it, I think it's about 60 bucks.