Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

Windows 7 GodMode

9 posts in this topic

Apparently theres a "GodMode" in Windows 7. Its basically a super control panel. Seems like it would be useful when fixing a computer among other things.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html?tag=digg2

There's a whole bunch of modes, look at the right side of my screen (yeah, i couldn't resize)

Screenshot

Very useful though, has all the options right there for you :thumbsup:

I'm liking Windows 7 more and more. :thumbsup:

Which version do you have?

Home Premium, it's really stable, lightweight, and has not once yet crashed on me! :clap:

By far the best OS Microsoft has made.

Now we can maybe stop hearing XP is better than Vista?

I was going to get the Ultimate version but i'm not so sure its worth it anymore. I haven't looked into it yet but in theory the lower the version you get the faster your computer should run. At the cost of features though of course.

I was going to get the Ultimate version but i'm not so sure its worth it anymore. I haven't looked into it yet but in theory the lower the version you get the faster your computer should run. At the cost of features though of course.

Taken From Wikipedia:

Windows 7 Starter

The least-featured edition of Windows 7; the Windows Aero theme is not included, and it isn't available in a 64-bit variant. The desktop wallpaper, and Visual Style (Windows 7 Basic) is also not user-changeable. This edition is available pre-installed on computers through system integrators or computer manufacturers.[10][11][12]

Windows 7 Home Basic

Windows 7 Home Basic is available in emerging markets such as Bangladesh, Brazil, People's Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Thailand.[13] It is not available in countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.[13] Some Aero options are excluded along with several new features.[13] Home Basic, along with other editions sold in emerging markets, include geographical activation restriction, which requires users to activate Windows within certain region or country.[14]

Windows 7 Home Premium

This edition contains features aimed at the home market segment, such as Windows Media Center, Windows Aero and touch-screen controls.[15]

Windows 7 Professional

This edition is targeted towards enthusiasts and small business users.[16] It includes all the features of Windows 7 Home Premium, and adds the ability to participate in a Windows Server domain.[16] Additional features include operating as a Remote Desktop server, location aware printing, Encrypting File System, Presentation Mode, Software Restriction Policies (but not the extra management features of AppLocker) and Windows XP Mode.[16]

Windows 7 Enterprise

This edition targets the enterprise segment of the market and is sold through volume licensing to companies which have a Software Assurance contract with Microsoft.[17] Additional features include support for Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packages, BitLocker Drive Encryption, and UNIX application support.[17] Not available through retail or OEM channels, this edition is distributed through Microsoft Software Assurance (SA).[17] As a result it includes several SA-only benefits, including a license allowing the running of multiple virtual machines, and activation via VLK.[14]

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 7 Ultimate contains the same features as Windows 7 Enterprise, but unlike the Enterprise edition it is available to home users on an individual license basis.[18] Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional users are able to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate for a fee using Windows Anytime Upgrade if they wish to do so.[7] Unlike Windows Vista Ultimate, the Windows 7 Ultimate edition does not include the Windows Ultimate Extras feature or any exclusive features.[18]

For my uses, ultimate + enterprise are useless to me, I only wish XP mode was in Home Premium :angry:

As for the speed theory, even if this is true, I can imagine the speed slow-down will be so small it will be inconsequential.

And the features of the latter editions won't always be on, so they won't take up processing power.

Home Premium, it's really stable, lightweight, and has not once yet crashed on me! :clap:

By far the best OS Microsoft has made.

Now we can maybe stop hearing XP is better than Vista?

Well, after upgrading from xp to windows 7, and after using vista a lot, i really like xp and vista for there stability and speed. Now, windows 7 is good, but for "an improved version of vista" it needs a LOT of bug fixes....

Heres the thing that really pisses me off..

One of my favorite games, Team fortress 2, worked fine in xp, but now it doesnt seem to want to work. like, i reinstalled it 3 times, it finally worked for about 2 weeks, and it doesnt work anymore. its definitely not the game, since it worked fine in xp.....

Well, after upgrading from xp to windows 7, and after using vista a lot, i really like xp and vista for there stability and speed. Now, windows 7 is good, but for "an improved version of vista" it needs a LOT of bug fixes....

Heres the thing that really pisses me off..

One of my favorite games, Team fortress 2, worked fine in xp, but now it doesnt seem to want to work. like, i reinstalled it 3 times, it finally worked for about 2 weeks, and it doesnt work anymore. its definitely not the game, since it worked fine in xp.....

Go to team fortress 2.exe and right click on properties

Under the compatibility tab pick your OS to simulate while using the program

Maybe that will work? :tongue:

Go to team fortress 2.exe and right click on properties

Under the compatibility tab pick your OS to simulate while using the program

Maybe that will work? :tongue:

The thing is there is no .exe with steam games. and ive already tried something to that nature and it actually gave me more problems then i originally had