Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
anewformation

Microsoft Office 2010 Beta

6 posts in this topic

Oh thank god they finally did away with the visual diarrhea that was Office 2007!

Yeah, '07 was a bit too blue for me though relatively speaking, it was much better than 2003(visual-wise)

A lot of offices, businesses, and even schools around here refused to implement Office 2007 due to the graphics and the layout. It was a little too different from previous versions and wasn't cost effective enough to have to retrain staff. At the end of the day Microsoft Office is Microsoft Office so previous versions were used without incident.

A lot of offices, businesses, and even schools around here refused to implement Office 2007 due to the graphics and the layout. It was a little too different from previous versions and wasn't cost effective enough to have to retrain staff. At the end of the day Microsoft Office is Microsoft Office so previous versions were used without incident.

I thought the ribbons were quite handy!

Better than the old context menus anyways, and once you are trained for the program, it really does have useful things the former programs didn't.

Don't knock it till you try it, as the old saying goes. :wink:

Me personally I was completely fine with it other than the colors. The people who got all bent out of shape over it were mainly 45yo and older.