Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

Windows 8 release date leaked

6 posts in this topic

If true, then Win7 should have been an update, not a new OS

It's doubtful that this would happen anyway, 2 years to develop a new OS?

Not to mention that it would loose a lot of customers, I know I would get a Mac or Linux if MS started doing this

On a side note: What does ProjectZ-Theta9 mean?

I know for certain that the general public wouldn't put up with it. You can't expect people to buy a new version every year or two. A lot of them also wouldn't realize what was going on. You would be surprised at how many people still think that XP is the latest operating system.

I'd say that over 95% of computers I work on don't even have a gigabyte of ram, and are still running XP.

Yeah, a lot of my friends still use XP thinking it's the latest. Bit annoying, really. The only computer that I use that doesn't have XP is my home PC which runs 7

I know for certain that the general public wouldn't put up with it. You can't expect people to buy a new version every year or two. A lot of them also wouldn't realize what was going on. You would be surprised at how many people still think that XP is the latest operating system.

I'd say that over 95% of computers I work on don't even have a gigabyte of ram, and are still running XP.

does Microsoft really expect us to buy a new fucking operating system every year? jesus christ.. no wonder people are so pissed... because they develop an operating system and move on, they don't fix any bugs or anything with the previous operating system. what Microsoft NEEDS to do is slow down and make windows 7 perfect... but i guess thats too much to ask from a multi trillion dollar company

Luckily its not set in stone that this is what they'll be doing but its just the idea that they're apparently considering it.

From a technical standpoint I don't see how it would be even remotely possible. Hardware and software manufacturers wouldn't be able to keep up. Neither would any school or business never mind homes. No company would be able to afford the costs and down time to keep having to retrain employees. If anything major is wrong with any of the operating systems they won't have time or even care to fix it. After just a decade everyone would be using between 5-10 different Windows versions. If thats not a recipe for disaster then I don't know what is.