Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Reag

New setup

10 posts in this topic

I at last got out of a stupid micro case and now into something much nicer with some decent air flow so I won't have to keep the side panel off anymore.

So far I've upgraded my cpu from a P4 3.2GHz to a Core 2 Duo E2160 1.8GHz which sadly, I'll have to software overclock as my motherboard doesn't have any overclock options unless I flash a new BIOS over the top but it's not really worth it at the moment.

I've had to go from 2gb of ram to 1.5gb but I'm looking into getting anonther 1gb strip of Corsair so they are matching.

Twin 160gb SATA drives for both my OS and Programs/Backup.

Luckly when I cloned my original OS drive which was a 40gb IDE to the second 160gb SATA the OS accepted the motherboard which is a VERY rare thing to happen, it might just be my luck as I moved from a Intel board to a Foxconn (custom built for Acer ASM1610).

Graphics card has not changed but I currently don't have any reason to change my 8800GT.

Anyway heres some images for you all.

Case-1.jpg

Case-2.jpg

Case-3.jpg

Case-4.jpg

Thats looking good. :thumbsup: I really need to finish building my new computer. I just need Windows 7 and a video card. But instead of buying them i've been spending my money elsewhere like a fool.

Heh, the case only cost me £15, some guy in the paper wanted rid of it quickly as he was also doing a rebuild.

The CPU and motherboard only cost me another £15 so in total I spent £30.

The other HDD was just laying around and the ram I already had.

Also, stop spending your money. emot-ghost.gif

Even though my laptop handles gaming and blender,( a Macbook Pro with a 320gb 7200rpm drive, 9600 gt, 512mb VRAM, 4gigs of ddr3 1066 ram 2.53ghz intel core 2 duo),Ive been thinking about building myself a desktop

Hmm.... mabye when i start working in the summer ill save up for my desktop

Heres a pic (sorry for the crappy quality, had to take it from my cellphone)

2zyitjb.jpg

Heh, the case only cost me £15, some guy in the paper wanted rid of it quickly as he was also doing a rebuild.

The CPU and motherboard only cost me another £15 so in total I spent £30.

The other HDD was just laying around and the ram I already had.

Also, stop spending your money. emot-ghost.gif

You can't beat those prices.

My problem is I live on the Internet, and when I get bored I impulsively buy things. I've had $900 of new in the box computer parts for my build sitting here for four months now. All I need before I can start the actual build is the video card and Windows 7 and I seemingly can't buy them. :indifferent:

You can't beat those prices.

My problem is I live on the Internet, and when I get bored I impulsively buy things. I've had $900 of new in the box computer parts for my build sitting here for four months now. All I need before I can start the actual build is the video card and Windows 7 and I seemingly can't buy them. :indifferent:

I can get you a legit W7 key and link to the ISO for free.

A guy I know has a "Visual Studio Team System Team Suite with MSDN Premium" account allowing him to take out as many microsoft product keys as he wants, so far he has done around 825 requests.

And how much are you wanting to spend for the graphics card?

Right before Christmas time here I had some money and was looking on eBay to see how much private sellers were getting for retail versions of Windows 7. More than half of the listings were for people selling Authentication Keys for next to nothing. I went to buy one but decided to research it first because I questioned how it was possible? Come to find they were people like you're friend who get near unlimited keys to use and they were selling them on eBay. The problem with that is you're of course not supposed to as it violates Microsoft's terms. What does that mean? It means there was a high probability that all the numbers they gave out were eventually going to be blacklisted.

Now I don't know what the terms are of the program your friends under but it worries me that hes given out such a large number of them. How can I be positive that the key he gives me will never be blacklisted by Microsoft? Every single piece of software I have is pirated. Every single piece but my actual operating system. I can't risk having an illegitimate version in any way as you might imagine. Thanks for the offer and maybe your friend can still help me out.

With the video card i'm looking to spend around $200 (£127?) and under. The motherboard is an Asus Crosshair III Formula.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447 - XFX Radeon HD 5770 - $169.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102868 - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VXL Radeon HD 5770 - $174.99

Or the fun suggestion, buy two of these and crossfire them:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287 - HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 - $79.99/each

These cards will feel at home in that motherboard.

And currently we know people are selling those keys online, I mean hell you would if you had a MSDN account, it means quick money.

But they are 100% legit, the account he has with microsoft is setup so he can take off as many keys as he wants for X os or X program.

The keys might stop working for some unknown reason but for now I can say they'll be fine for at least one or two years.

I like the card in the first link the best. :thumbsup: I'm going to google around so I can read some reviews on it. But it does seem like exactly what I'm looking for.

If I can't find a retail version of Windows 7 cheap enough I'll take you up on the key. By the way how do you get a MSDN account or one like your friend has? I have my own business fixing computers and having operating system keys at my disposal would come in real handy. When I reformat customers computers I more times than not have to pirate the operating system due to their key not working. Its something I don't like doing but don't have a choice.

I like the card in the first link the best. :thumbsup: I'm going to google around so I can read some reviews on it. But it does seem like exactly what I'm looking for.

If I can't find a retail version of Windows 7 cheap enough I'll take you up on the key. By the way how do you get a MSDN account or one like your friend has? I have my own business fixing computers and having operating system keys at my disposal would come in real handy. When I reformat customers computers I more times than not have to pirate the operating system due to their key not working. Its something I don't like doing but don't have a choice.

He gained his MSDN account due to his uni course.