Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

anewformation

God?

62 posts in this topic

So EON8 members, what do you think? Of there being a God that is.

My personal belief is that there is some higher source, but we shouldn't or can't understand it. That makes me a "Theist"(not to be confused with Atheism)

My thoughts:

Really though, how could the entire universe start from nothing? There has to have been something or someone pulling the strings.

However, that brings me to the question of what created God? Guess that's where the understanding part comes in

My question here is do you really hink there is a God? A devil? 2nd Lives, Reincarnation, whatever your belief is and how you came to that conclusion. Good luck :thumbsup:

What if humans are just an experiment of an alien race that's gone awry? Could be the reason why they are supposedly observing us all the time but maintaining their distance. I've brought this up on here before. I think I read it somewhere and found it interesting enough to keep mentioning.

Its not something I'm set in believing, its just another option worth considering. Hey, its no more crazy than the story of what Christians believe, or really any other religion for that matter.

What if humans are just an experiment of an alien race that's gone awry? Could be the reason why they are supposedly observing us all the time but maintaining their distance. I've brought this up on here before. I think I read it somewhere and found it interesting enough to keep mentioning.

Its not something I'm set in believing, its just another option worth considering. Hey, its no more crazy than the story of what Christians believe, or really any other religion for that matter.

Yeah, I've thought of all crazy theories as well, ranging from us being inside of a testube, to us being in another dimension(this one actually holds some credibility-ever heard of negatrons and positrons?)

My mantra as of late has been "anything is possible", simply because it's true

Other crazy theories' of mine and my friends:

1. The Matrix (does it need an explanation?)

2. Your entire life could be yours or someone's imagination

3. Your entire life is just a dream of a single night's sleep

4. YOU are the only real thing here, and everything else is a lie

5. We could all be in Hell for the sins of our past

...the list goes on and on, but like I said, "anything is possible"

Yeah, I've thought of all crazy theories as well, ranging from us being inside of a testube, to us being in another dimension(this one actually holds some credibility-ever heard of negatrons and positrons?)

My mantra as of late has been "anything is possible", simply because it's true

Other crazy theories' of mine and my friends:

1. The Matrix (does it need an explanation?)

2. Your entire life could be yours or someone's imagination

3. Your entire life is just a dream of a single night's sleep

4. YOU are the only real thing here, and everything else is a lie

5. We could all be in Hell for the sins of our past

...the list goes on and on, but like I said, "anything is possible"

See i've thought about those options as well, not quite the matrix thing, (as that would b e way too cool), but the dream thing and the imagination thing as well. It would be crazy that when you get old and die, the person whom is dreaming wakes up like, "Damn that was weird"

Alright,awesome fourm. I do belive in a higher being, And as stated in the opening post, there is no way we could possibly understand Him. How he came to be is beyond our possible comprehention. I am a Roman Catholic who is deeply embedded in his faith. But there are many practices that arn't part of this religion that has brought me to a better understanding of spirituality. I think I have become closer to god through many cabalistic practices, while setting the boundraries based on what the church has said is right and wrong. Im sure many of us here have participated in things such as Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Herbalism, Martial Arts, and things found in the that realm of life.

"Live For Nothing Or Die For Something, Your Call!"

-Sylvester Stalone, Rambo

-P.S. The Colbear Poster of "Sinner!" is Awesome.

Huh... I am an atheist to death.

I believe that the universe is eternal - there is no end nor beginning. That is the only way to explain the existence of the universe without a need of a "higher" something. In this case - big bang > universe > big crash > big bang...

Some more - how can some people believe in God and the fairy tale of Adam and Eve? I mean - sure, ignore all the facts, like evolution, or that Earth is a globe (really, some people STILL believe it is a plane -.-), but at least don't argue with everyone else.

This month I was on a YouTube video, "Eiffel 65 - Living in a bubble", and someone started an argument like "Oh, really smart - it sounds like 'living in a bible, the bible is no reality' [which was in fact living in a BUBBLE] - do you really want our children to listen to this?!" - after a few replies I pointed out "It is almost like a paranoia - going everywhere and searching for anything 'offensive'..." and finally, I got a reply like this:

If you agree that's your opinion. But you had to take it a step further and attack those that do not agree with your point of view. You lose credibility when you attack those who oppose you, especially if no one has even expressed their oposition...until now of course. You need to believe in something because I can tell you, your not the one to judge people. You sound like you have no direction, how can you criticize those that do?

How can he think it is a direction to go everywhere and argue for such a stupidity THEY find "offensive"?

And finally - you might be a Christian and still laugh at that: Funny theist quotes.

Alright,awesome fourm. I do belive in a higher being, And as stated in the opening post, there is no way we could possibly understand Him. How he came to be is beyond our possible comprehention. I am a Roman Catholic who is deeply embedded in his faith. But there are many practices that arn't part of this religion that has brought me to a better understanding of spirituality. I think I have become closer to god through many cabalistic practices, while setting the boundraries based on what the church has said is right and wrong. Im sure many of us here have participated in things such as Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Herbalism, Martial Arts, and things found in the that realm of life.

"Live For Nothing Or Die For Something, Your Call!"

-Sylvester Stalone, Rambo

-P.S. The Colbert Poster of "Sinner!" is Awesome.

Actually, I have done astral projection and lucid dreaming before! :devilfingers:

Actually, I have done astral projection and lucid dreaming before! :devilfingers:

Pretty Amazing Right, I've had a bit more luck with Lucid Dreaming than Astral Projection. I prefer the observation of hands as my pneumonic induction. I also favor using Calea Zacatechichi as an herbal aid :wink:

I believe in God. Not to say we aren't living in "The Matrix" or anything, but yeah.

It's probably best society at least tries to adhere to some of the stuff in the bible.

Whatever, just my two cents.

I believe in God. Not to say we aren't living in "The Matrix" or anything, but yeah.

It's probably best society at least tries to adhere to some of the stuff in the bible.

Whatever, just my two cents.

Without a government, faith gives people a code of ethics to follow and abide by. I think faith and belief in God (whether real or not) tends to give people the resources and hope to accomplish many more things than without it.

Without a government, faith gives people a code of ethics to follow and abide by. I think faith and belief in God (whether real or not) tends to give people the resources and hope to accomplish many more things than without it.

Most intelligent thing I have heard all day, very intresting observation, I agree.

Most intelligent thing I have heard all day, very intresting observation, I agree.

Agreed.

I use what is most likely the least-thought-out and most simplistic reason for why I choose atheism: Prove to me that a god exists... otherwise he/she/it/they doesn't/don't (depending on your belief system). I simply am not swayed by the "well, how do you explain the things that science can't?" logic. I reply very briefly: "well, how can you believe in some magical mystery being that theoretically has a profound amount of power and influence in daily existence without concrete proof?" This, of course, results in a stalemate. I can't prove a god doesn't exist just like believers can't prove he/she/it/they does/do.

This being said, I do believe in supernatural events. I just don't believe in a religious cause for them. I've witnessed firsthand several things (mainly what would stereotypically be called a "ghost" or "haunting"), and have detailed some in a thread I published quite a long time ago now. No, I am not sure what causes supernatural events or entities to exist. Again, I just don't jump to any conclusions without proof. I've simply experienced them personally and thus cannot deny that they DO exist.

So EON8 members, what do you think? Of there being a God that is.

My personal belief is that there is some higher source, but we shouldn't or can't understand it. That makes me a "Theist"(not to be confused with Atheism)

My thoughts:

Really though, how could the entire universe start from nothing? There has to have been something or someone pulling the strings.

However, that brings me to the question of what created God? Guess that's where the understanding part comes in

My question here is do you really hink there is a God? A devil? 2nd Lives, Reincarnation, whatever your belief is and how you came to that conclusion. Good luck :thumbsup:

well my friend....there really is no explanation for the beginning of the universe except for just God.To answer your question about what created God...well, nothing..there was NOTHING before God. The whole concept is beyond comprehension of the human mind. and if your not afraid or if for any slim chance you think you wont feel uncool, read the revelation chapter of the bible, it says in gods words "I am the alpha and the omega, first and the last beginning and the end"(chapter 2 verse 8)..the rest of it...scary SHIT, its about things that are indeed actually happening now. but that's going off subject..

My friend you have to remember...not all things are to be looked at in a logical sense. in which naturally, us as humans are "see to believe", and people tend to under estimate and are stubborn to understand things that aren't, which honestly, its pretty sad.. but yes, almost everybody has asked your same questions, what was before god?, how did the universe start? etc...But really... your wasting your time bud...there really is no logical explanation, and nobody will ever have the answer in that sense. Just god. Getting your priorities straight in what you believe in, a "higher source"? or god? well, they should be the same thing here right?... And this shouldn't be classified under any religion. Its strictly a belief. I don't even understand why people even came up with the word "Christian" and for people to make it part of pop culture to even be a concept many people sadly are ashamed of. Its not a religion like i said, but simply a belief. Look into it, and you will have all the answers to other questions like that you might have. Perhaps maybe even more..hope that helps you.

Are you saying you believe everything in the bible?