Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
anewformation

Blender 2.5

8 posts in this topic

2mhx5zs.jpg

The Blender Team has done it again!

So a long time ago, the Blender Foundation started this version and now its in the Alpha stage- still a long way to go but hey- I'll certainly be checking it out :thumbsup:

What is it exactly? It looks like really good terraforming software.

It's a complete 3D animation package

The best part is that it's completely free and there is a great community

Here:

Wikipedia

I can't believe software of that caliber would be free. :clap: Even though I won't be able to make too much with it I'm definitely going to try it out.

I can't believe software of that caliber would be free. :clap: Even though I won't be able to make too much with it I'm definitely going to try it out.

Well, the GUI until recently(2.5 Alpha) sucked, so I suggest if you just wanna mess around to get the 2.5

If you wanna learn(doubt it) just get the official 2.49

Yeah, just want to mess around. Unfortunately I don't have the time it would take to become proficient at it.

Blender is a really good modelling suite, but it's a bitch to get used too as it's GUI sucks balls.

This looks like a huge improvement though.

I still like Maya more though.

Blender is a really good modelling suite, but it's a bitch to get used too as it's GUI sucks balls.

This looks like a huge improvement though.

I still like Maya more though.

Agreed

Though, speaking of GUI's, Maya's still looks like it was made in the 90's or something. I'd like to see a more updated version with the next release(When does 2011 come out?).