Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

Goodnight sweet cyber prince

9 posts in this topic

Well my computer has officially died. I just shut it down for the last time. Time of death: Thursday April 15 2:48am :cry:

A couple of days ago it completely locked up for no reason. I knew immediately that it signified the beginning of the end. I kept restarting it and it kept locking up at random times. Sometimes it would work for a minute, sometimes, for 20 minutes, sometimes it wouldn't even make it to Windows before it happened. By this time I was shitting buckets and sweating bullets as I had nothing backed up! One of the luckiest things in my entire life happened to me though. During one of the random times that I turned it on I had an unexplainable premonition come over me that this would be the one and only time it would stay running long enough for me to back everything up... and it was! After that it never stayed running again for more then 30 seconds if it even made it to the desktop.

I was so in-tune with that computer that it was practically a piece of me. I've known for the past year or so that I was on bided time with it. I started putting together the pieces I needed to build a new one back in October. My goal was to have everything by the end of December. I figured that after Christmas I would have some extra money to buy the remaining parts I needed. Well obviously things didn't work out as planned. Here it is six months later and I still don't have everything or the funds to buy the last of what I need. Good thing I have my server here to use temporarily until I can get the last of the parts.

As you should have realized by now I had a strong emotional connection to that computer. Back in 2003 when I built it just so happened to be when I all but removed myself from society. Over the last seven years its been my whole life! I was on the thing practically 24 hours a day seven days a week. That computer and I have made so much history together its truly frightning.

I look forward with great anticipation in starting a new journey with the new computer I build. I'll be sure to share the build in the thread I started for it.

http://www.eon8.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1681

Well my computer has officially died. I just shut it down for the last time. Time of death: Thursday April 15 2:48am :cry:

A couple of days ago it completely locked up for no reason. I knew immediately that it signified the beginning of the end. I kept restarting it and it kept locking up at random times. Sometimes it would work for a minute, sometimes, for 20 minutes, sometimes it wouldn't even make it to Windows before it happened. By this time I was shitting buckets and sweating bullets as I had nothing backed up! One of the luckiest things in my entire life happened to me though. During one of the random times that I turned it on I had an unexplainable premonition come over me that this would be the one and only time it would stay running long enough for me to back everything up... and it was! After that it never stayed running again for more then 30 seconds if it even made it to the desktop.

I was so in-tune with that computer that it was practically a piece of me. I've known for the past year or so that I was on bided time with it. I started putting together the pieces I needed to build a new one back in October. My goal was to have everything by the end of December. I figured that after Christmas I would have some extra money to buy the remaining parts I needed. Well obviously things didn't work out as planned. Here it is six months later and I still don't have everything or the funds to buy the last of what I need. Good thing I have my server here to use temporarily until I can get the last of the parts.

As you should have realized by now I had a strong emotional connection to that computer. Back in 2003 when I built it just so happened to be when I all but removed myself from society. Over the last seven years its been my whole life! I was on the thing practically 24 hours a day seven days a week. That computer and I have made so much history together its truly frightning.

I look forward with great anticipation in starting a new journey with the new computer I build. I'll be sure to share the build in the thread I started for it.

http://www.eon8.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1681

Yeah, sucks when a computer has died and youve practically used it for friggin ever. i start to panic when my macbook acts even the slightest bit weird, which i shouldnt, becuase ive had it for like 2 years now, and it hasnt failed me yet. but ill be ditching this computer once i save up 7,000$ for my computer build. Excessive? Mabye. but i like the best of the best, and i dont mind saving up for years for it.

Lol, thats kinda how i felt when my old dell box went down. i have a REALLY short temper, so when it wouldnt boot up (and i should of not done this) i punched a hole through my door in pure rage. no wonder why i'm not that good with people

Good thing i back up obsessively

Thanks for the condolences. :smile:

This really sucks not having a computer basically. Its something I'm completely unused to and am very unhappy. I need to build my new one asap! It won't be happening until sometime next month though unless I can borrow some money. My computer couldn't have died at a worse time. It had to happen right when my truck needs repairs. If it lasted another month or two longer that would have been perfect. Oh well on the bright side at least I have something to use.

Yeah, sucks when a computer has died and youve practically used it for friggin ever. i start to panic when my macbook acts even the slightest bit weird, which i shouldnt, becuase ive had it for like 2 years now, and it hasnt failed me yet. but ill be ditching this computer once i save up 7,000$ for my computer build. Excessive? Mabye. but i like the best of the best, and i dont mind saving up for years for it.

Lol, thats kinda how i felt when my old dell box went down. i have a REALLY short temper, so when it wouldnt boot up (and i should of not done this) i punched a hole through my door in pure rage. no wonder why i'm not that good with people

Good thing i back up obsessively

Excessive? Absolutely. 7,000$, not needed. I could think of ovar 9000 better things to spend 7,000$ on instead of a computer.

Excessive? Absolutely. 7,000$, not needed. I could think of ovar 9000 better things to spend 7,000$ on instead of a computer.

Yeah, i guess you are right. might as well save a bit of money

You could probably find one that's pretty decent for around 1,000$ or so, and add on to it if need be. Save the extra 6,000$.

When all is said and done mine will of cost in the area of 1,300 dollars. Looking back on it I feel kind of stupid for spending that much. A 500 dollar Dell would have been more than sufficient for me. Not only that I've already knocked half a year off of its relevancy life span by having the parts sitting here since October.