Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

PLZ HELP

16 posts in this topic

ok, i need serious tech help here, this is my old pc ive been trying to repair for months now. ok, well when i start it up, it gets this screen 4v4eb8.jpgand, i dont have a diskette drive  :'( ok, well i press f1, then it says this vgtqhv.jpg

then i go and press f1 at the first screen, the boot up screen,  i get into it3309q2g.jpg i load the correct disk into the cd drive,then i press boot from internal cd drive or usb, then it returns this 2lk8nzo.jpg

what do i need to do to make it boot into windows, or preferably linux  :'(

I'm not that sure but I think its trying to boot from devices other then the hard drive. Go into the bios and find where the boot order setting is. Make sure that your hard drive is listed first.

meh, its not a big deal, i dont neeed this pc XD i was just hoping to set it up as a server or something, but, ill just take it in to get repaired

If you want to boot from a CD you have to make sure that your CD-rom drive is listed first and hard drive second.

well, it did happen when i forcefully stopped a cd from formatting , while it was formatting.... (im so fucking stupid to have  done that)

well, it did happen when i forcefully stopped a cd from formatting , while it was formatting.... (im so fucking stupid to have  done that)

Um. You stopped a CD from formatting or your HDD from formatting?

If you stopped your HDD formatting, you're pretty much screwed.