Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

7 steps to speed up internet on Vista

22 posts in this topic

Step 1 -> Open command prompt

Step 2 -> type: cd/

Step 3 -> C:\> netsh int tcp show global

Step 4 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

Step 5 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Step 6 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp

Step 7 -> Check and make sure it worked by repeating Step 3

Thats some good info to have.

I've worked on very few computers that have Vista. People seemed to be hesitant about getting it since it was such a change from XP furthered by the uncertainty that the bad press caused. So people (around here anyway) skipped it and went right to Windows 7.

Yeah, i've recently become quite fed up with vista, but have no money to purchase 7... I shiuld have gotten ti when they were offering it on dreamspark or some microsoft to students for free.

I have just my RAM consistently runs at 59% or higher at all times, I have tried to kill running process's, startup tasks, nothing works. LoL. INstalling Comodo heled take down the temperature of my computer though which is nice.

I've also scanned it with just about everything under the sun the past week and got rid of something around 20 malware/virus's, One of which was Olmarik/Win32 Trojan, which Eset wouldn't quarantine...

But yeah, that trick really does work, i did it last night and there is virtually no lag with firefox, have to try IE o.o;; don't like IE

Here's a really cool one!

1. Open command promt.

2. Type in DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING.

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!

something like this?

1) open cmd.exe as admin

2) type: cd\

3) remove system32

4) reap the benefits of all the free space!

NOTE::

For Step 5 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

You can also have, experimental, enabled, disabled, normal I think there may be one more, but just kinda change them and browse for a bit and see which works best for your box.

Step 1 -> Open command prompt

Step 2 -> type: cd/

Step 3 -> C:\> netsh int tcp show global

Step 4 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

Step 5 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Step 6 -> C:\> netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp

Step 7 -> Check and make sure it worked by repeating Step 3

Its not really speeding up the internet, its just speeding up the browser, but it does work.

Yeah, i've recently become quite fed up with vista, but have no money to purchase 7... I shiuld have gotten ti when they were offering it on dreamspark or some microsoft to students for free.

I have just my RAM consistently runs at 59% or higher at all times, I have tried to kill running process's, startup tasks, nothing works. LoL. INstalling Comodo heled take down the temperature of my computer though which is nice.

I've also scanned it with just about everything under the sun the past week and got rid of something around 20 malware/virus's, One of which was Olmarik/Win32 Trojan, which Eset wouldn't quarantine...

But yeah, that trick really does work, i did it last night and there is virtually no lag with firefox, have to try IE o.o;; don't like IE

Dont buy windows 7, its not worth it. if anything it just causes so many more problems, especially with steam games

Yeah, I don't play any steam games. It's not as compatible as Vista but it works like a fucking dream. And yes, you were correct that it doesn't speed up your internet, as you would have to speak to your internet provider and upgrade your speed, but it does significantly boost your browser speed. I also some more tweaks and tips if anyone runs XP, haven't tried them on Vista yet, but it involves cataloging your pages that you browse the most with your browser so you don't have to search for them, I will post when I get around to it.

I'm sure they will smooth things out with 7 and steam. But right now they are working pretty hard on getting steam running with Mac.

I had some trouble with this it says " Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation required elevation"