Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
anewformation

Best Design Company Ever?

32 posts in this topic

Yes, among others. What I found slightly odd though was their use of all flash. Thats considered the worst thing you can do. Never mind the fact that flash in that context is dead. I suppose they're just trying to show off what they're capable of.

Not like they need a static webpage to be cached by Google or such, they're already well known around the world so yeah, make it as flashy as possible, no?

Oh for sure, thats why I figured they were more worried about showing off what they're capable of.

That site is Godawful AWESOME. Beyond amazing... I wish more sites used flash but then you have the people with Dial-Up bitching that they cant load the page. But the question is if you have Dial-Up why would you be looking at a high end and expensive Design company's website.

BUT ONCE AGAIN THAT SITE RULES!

Well besides the time needed to load theres a number of other downfalls of using it in site design. Which is a shame because a lot can be done with it. Things such as "flash elements" are ok to use though.

Well I mean Flash is amazing, personally the biggest draw back is the back button thing. I'm so used to going to a previous page I just fucked up sometimes. But honestly other than that Flash is pretty amazing.

Actually if you read the case study for their "Attractor" Project(the current site), they use DDL so you can actually use the back button and flash will not have to reload at the beginning.

I tried the back button on the site earlier and it sent me to the previous page with only the background and the music.

Latest firefox too, I think it was the slow internet from where I was

There is no such thing as slow Internet, unless you live in the middle of nowhere...

25kbps is pretty slow compared to my 6mbps

I actually worked on a computer not too long ago that was still using dial-up. I can't believe how we all used that once as its so incredibly slow and frustrating. But in retrospect the Internet was a new and different place at the time. Pages were basic and didn't have a lot of content so they loaded fairly quickly.

I'm sure back them people were just happy to have internet, now I'm sure some one remembers Doom Dial-Up?

Yes now people demand the greatest, but can't afford it. So websites have to lower standards to meet the lower standard.