Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sakaryu

Lack of People

61 posts in this topic

According to the counter there is a total of 1,752 members, What I'm wondering is where are they all at? Did people just leave... Did they post in the first place......Did alot of people ever post when they were members? Because for 1,752 people I mostly see the same people even when looking at the old topics, was some of the old old topics wiped clean?

Was wondering the same thing a while ago, maybe Eon8 will find you worthy enough of a PM. :blush:

=D I can only Hope...

\/-AND WHAT HAPPENED HERE-\/

Most members ever online in one day was 416, last accomplished on June 09, 2009.

Most members ever online in one day was 416, last accomplished on June 09, 2009.

I think that was back when we had the SMF boards forum, and the community had restarted all over again. i don't remember all of the details, so id say ask eon8 if you really want to know everything about that

SMF?

so this is the second forum?

amen666 (WHERE ARE YOU), anewformation (YOU TALK TO ME SO I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE), BelleSade (WHERE ARE YOU), Cain (YOUR NEW), EchoElite (PSH I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE), inetryconydot (WHERE ARE YOU!), Kremlin (a mod? WHERE ARE YOU!), Sakaryu(thats me XD)

These are the people who have been on today, yet only 4 of them have posted.......Somethings wrong here........

Awwes

This is technically the third message board we've had. Back in 2006 after the completion of Eon8 I acquired the domain name. I decided that the best use for it was to turn it into a message board. For the board software I decided to try out SMF (Simple Machines Forum) as it was free, popular, and looked promising. After using it for a period of time it was decided that we needed something a little better.

At the time I didn't really know how to install a message board or do any of the technical behind the scenes stuff like databases and PHP programing. With that being said I decided for the new board software we would go with an IPB (Invision Power Board) hosted account. With their hosted service they take care of all technical details for you. The only problem is nothing from the SMF board would be able to transfer to the new board thus we lost all the content and had to start all over again with the new IPB hosted board.

During that time I taught myself all of the technical aspects in order to completely run my own message board from front to back. Being a loyal customer of IPB for many years I decided to use their board software. So I purchased it, installed it, and then transferred everything over from the old board and here we are. This is our permanent home and have been here for just shy of two years now.

According to the counter there is a total of 1,752 members, What I'm wondering is where are they all at? Did people just leave... Did they post in the first place......Did alot of people ever post when they were members? Because for 1,752 people I mostly see the same people even when looking at the old topics, was some of the old old topics wiped clean?

The simple answer is curiosity. Since you have to become a member to view the board thats what people do.

VVV Half of those members are because of this VVV

I posted pictures of David Carradine's death. At the time this was the only place that had them publicly available.

WHAT! OMG DON'T ASK DON'T TELL.(about the photo thing anyway) But people who are just curious can still at least post, I mean its not like you can meet the president because your the new hot dog vender down the block from the white house. If they want to find our evil/good plans they will have to post eventually. (Speaking of which......) AND I LIKE THE BOARDS NOW, they're pretty.

Heh, I am new.

The simple answer is, most people simply like to lurk. The would lurk without accounts, but accounts are required to view the forums, therefore most accounts probably have never posted, or have 1 or 2 posts on them from long ago.

If you're looking for ideas to get this forum more traffic/members, there's several things you can try, and I've got a few ideas. I've visited this place only once after the initial countdown, but based on the chaos it caused, I'm surprised there aren't more members.

Personally, I think most newer discussion boards have no background, no origin, therefore they struggle to become known.

This wasn't a problem for boards such as &Totse, that had a long history from the origin of the internet. This place, however, damn near gained worldwide attention. That's gotta count for something.

I guess people just took off after they knew what the countdown was for...

Ohh very creepy I like it.

WHAT! OMG DON'T ASK DON'T TELL.(about the photo thing anyway) But people who are just curious can still at least post, I mean its not like you can meet the president because your the new hot dog vender down the block from the white house. If they want to find our evil/good plans they will have to post eventually. (Speaking of which......) AND I LIKE THE BOARDS NOW, they're pretty.

Haha See like I said in the other post, I've tried just about everything to get traffic here both illegal and not.

This wasn't a problem for boards such as &Totse, that had a long history from the origin of the internet. This place, however, damn near gained worldwide attention. That's gotta count for something.

Oh it did count for something and we actually did get huge amounts of traffic in the beginning and everything was going great. The two years of continually changing boards is what killed everything. The members who have been around since 2006 can vouch for that being the reason as they witnessed it first hand.

I'm working on some vids to add to this maybe that will help.

The audio in those creepy videos are from whats called number stations.

We've had a discussion before about making creepy videos to try and garner some attention but nothing ever came of it. I still feel as if its a really good idea though.

YEY FOR BEING NEW!