Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Sakaryu

Insomnia - Commercial Concept

17 posts in this topic

This was something that me and a friend came up with a while back. It was a concept for a game that we were designing called Insomnia.

Insomnia - Commercial Concept

by ~Sakaryu

*Opens with showing a man sitting in a Regal Chair, he is wearing glasses and looks around the age of sixty. He has a note book and is writing something in it.*

Man-"And when did these ~visions~ start and what are they like?"

*He says this in a skeptic manner*

*The camera turns to show another man laying down on a bed, his head is covered by shadows*

Hidden Man- "I'm telling you they aren't visions, they are real, the only reason I'm here is because the government says I'm crazy and need a Psychiatrist"

*the man seems frantic, yet surprisingly relaxed at the same time*

Psychiatrist- "Yes yes I'm sure they are real, just describe them"

*He says skeptically again*

Hidden Man- "Whatever, I'm not trying to convince anyone."

*As the man starts to describe the Visions the camera zooms into the darkness covering his face, untill the screen is black*

*The game play fades in from the black*

*The Hidden Man's voice can still be heard*

Hidden Man *voice*-"They mostly come at night"

*show the city with the day turning to night and the streets emptying*

Hidden Man *voice*- "They seem to come from the shadows, even though they werent there a second ago"

*show a creature crawling from the shadows*

Hidden Man *voice*- They ignore everyone else, but me; i have no clue why. Even when they push someone over or kill someone everyone just acts like nothing happened"

*show creature chasing the main character, in the process the creatures are knocking people over and throwing them out of the way, after the people just get back to their feet and continue walking"

Hidden Man *voice*- "What do I have that they want? WHAT DO THEY WANT!?! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!?!?!?!?"

*Show the main character running till he runs into a dead end, at which there is a flickering lamp post, he turns around to see red eyes closing in on him. He has his back pressed against the wall. You hear laughter and crying, as the camera switches to first person of the main character. The light is still flickering. One of the creature leaps and a brief glimpse of the creatures face is seen until the lamp shuts off.*

*Once the lamp shuts off the camera shoots back to the room, the man leaps from the bed he is laying on. He looks at the chair, in which there is no one in it. The camera turns back to him to show the man breathing deeply and in a panic, he closes his eyes and slouches over in which red eyes open behind him. The screen shoots black and you hear the laughing and crying as the main title screens shows."Insomnia" the screen fades to another screen showing "Waking ~insert date here~"*

*end commercial*

Welcome_to_Insomnia_by_Sakaryu.png

This was a back ground I created for a promotion.

I was pleasantly surprised at the concept and think it would make a great game. Reading what you posted held my interest and made me want to play. :thumbsup: What would it be a first person shooter?

We never really decided if it would be a RPG or an FPS

It could also be a third person thriller such as the Resident Evil series.

Cliches? How so?

MMMMMMMMMMMM I WANT TO KNOWS!

Still doesn't mean it would be a bad game. Cliches aside, if it's a good game, I'm buying.

She looks older in the game and I thinks shes only like 18.

I thought it meant by growing up that she was an adult. I'm probably just reading too much into it. Looks like a good game though.

LOL probably, and It came out in 2000 I really liked it. I extremely excited because I just found out that the second one is coming out in 2011.