Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zero

Todays Thought

24 posts in this topic

Todays thought: I often find myself talking with my friends and discussing things trying to understand them. On rare occasions, the conversation gets deep and my thought process changes. In a discussion I had today with a good friend of mine, Robert. I came up with the following: (see comments)

Mechanalytics©: Mechanics have no room for possibilities, they are definite. Analytics are nothing but possibilities. Mechanalytics is the meshing of definite possibilities

Mechanalytically Minded©: Applying scientific method to an emotionally based problem by removing the emotion and finding the possibilites. Then testing the theory by re-applying the emotion to the possibilites to see if it works and assigning a probability based on the emotion. This method allows you to solve for the answer without the fog of emotions clouding the equation, yet still factors in the emotions to the possible solutions.

I do this quite often, rare that I actually need to calculate what the outcome would have been with emotions.

If you never re apply the emotions you may as well try and make your decision without ever removing the emotions. Your decision will not be any more clear using this method if you never re apply emotions.

How does one reapply the emotion, one can only speculate what would have if they had used emotions in the first place. Since we can't go back in time we can never really find out what would happen if emotion was used.

Well, the theory appears to be out of your grasp. There is no going back in time or predicting the future... only a system of analytics that isnt plagued by the fog created by emotions when faced with a problem. I only use the Mechanical viewpoint because mechanics are definite, you can look at a system of gears or what have you and see how it is going to work. For the most part if you understand a person and their behaviors there actions and decisions are almost mechanical if you can get past the emotions the mask it all. Its just a theory that I use in rare occasions in rare discussions that works amazingly well.

I simply misunderstood what you were saying, I thought you were talking about applying the theory to yourself. Thus the confusion of not knowing what would happen.

Never saw it.

Havent seen it yet. Have to go see it now!

Don't know when I will get the chance to see it.

Well I did see it, I liked it, and it really fucks with your mind.

It was really good, something to look forward to seeing.

Defiantly.

Not if your being Defiant....to see such a movie.

Thats because its a important word in the sentence, I'm just glad I used any proper grammar.