Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hamrammr

may XIX MMXIII

30 posts in this topic

so, i'm new. which is obvious. i came to this website because i found this thing today on a pic comment (and i'm sure some of you have seen it too), and it said, "5/19/2013 Expect us." i Googled it, and apparently it's an internet phenom, but no one has any idea what it is. i was curious if any of you gents know anything about it.

this eon8 site used to freak my shit out. i would stare at it for hours.

I'm not 100% percent certain but I remember there being a commercial for this. It was a Russian computer speaking in code and it said EXPECT US on the screen then went to Russian, Flashed the URL then cut to black.

Welcome BTW. But yea this does seem like a copy of this site.

so, i'm new. which is obvious. i came to this website because i found this thing today on a pic comment (and i'm sure some of you have seen it too), and it said, "5/19/2013 Expect us."

If I remember correctly, a huge asteroid passes by extremely close to earth around that time. The first time it won't hit us, bu it's next revolution(13 years later I think) depending on how our gravity affected it, it might hit us. Just some food for thought.

And the TK is Tokelau

Sounds like a good time. And what is Tokelau?

Sounds like a good time. And what is Tokelau?

from what i understand it's a small country near new zealand, or something like that? one of the few things i was able to find said that there's a server that runs from there, so you could host a site on that server with the tk suffix, but not actually have to be in that country. but networks aren't my forte.

and thanks for the replies. it's cool to see that this site seems capable of cobbling together more information on the odd than pretty much all of google.

<script type="text/javascript">

27function expectus(){var b=new Date();var e=new Date("May,19,2013,00:00:00");var a=(e.getTime()-b.getTime());if(a>1){var h=(parseInt(a/1000));var g=(parseInt(h/(24*60*60)));var d=h-g*24*3600;var c=(parseInt(d/3600));if(c<10){c="0"+c}var i=d-c*3600;var j=(parseInt(i/60));if(j<10){j="0"+j}var f=i-j*60;if(f<10){f="0"+f}document.getElementById("expectus").innerHTML="<font size=13>"+g+"</font><br><font size=6>"+c+":"+j+":"+f+"</font>";setTimeout("expectus()",10)}}expectus();

28</script>

Anyone know how to embed this?

<script type="text/javascript">

27function expectus(){var b=new Date();var e=new Date("May,19,2013,00:00:00");var a=(e.getTime()-b.getTime());if(a>1){var h=(parseInt(a/1000));var g=(parseInt(h/(24*60*60)));var d=h-g*24*3600;var c=(parseInt(d/3600));if(c<10){c="0"+c}var i=d-c*3600;var j=(parseInt(i/60));if(j<10){j="0"+j}var f=i-j*60;if(f<10){f="0"+f}document.getElementById("expectus").innerHTML="<font size=13>"+g+"</font><br><font size=6>"+c+":"+j+":"+f+"</font>";setTimeout("expectus()",10)}}expectus();

28</script>

nope

not at all

i clicked on that link, all i got was a black screen. and i heard about that asteroid also. they were saying how much earth would be affected by the asteroid even if it doesnt hit us

Theres a countdown in the middle of the page.

i clicked on that link, all i got was a black screen. and i heard about that asteroid also. they were saying how much earth would be affected by the asteroid even if it doesnt hit us

Look closer or turn up your gamma settings, it's a lighter color smack dab in the middle of the page

Little plain for my taste.

The .tk domain name service is basically an alternative to Geocities and Angelfire which is why I made the joke I did.

It was awhile back.

I also forgot to mention that with the .tk domains is if you don't get so many hits in so many days your site gets deleted.

I also forgot to mention that with the .tk domains is if you don't get so many hits in so many days your site gets deleted.

fascinating. any idea what the number of hits required is or the timeline?

Well its a viral site, so at this point I think it would be getting a minimum number of hits.

Its 25 hits in 90 days. I remember it being more with less time. They must have changed it.