Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Sakaryu

Fallout: New Vegas

14 posts in this topic

Yellow filter, instead of green.

So that's their big graphic update, huh?

Anyways, I thought Fallout 3 was amazing, despite me having limited hours played.

I'll definitely get this.

I will agree that they didn't do anything with the graphics but if its 1/4 as good as 3 then its worth it.

I wouldn't say 1/4. xD

I'd be amazingly disappointed then.

But I get what you mean.

It looks like it might even have more gameplay that Fallout 3.

I don't know why I get that impression though.

They really wanted to do more DLC with 3. They are really excited that due to the success of 3 they now have the chance to fully make the game they wanted.

Eh, Fallout: New Vegas looks OK, but seems like someone who had some time on their hands could come up with a PC mod for Fallout 3 that would be pretty damn similar, at least in gameplay mechanics.

Well that's the thing. Modders can only do so much, and in terms of fallout that is a lot because the Devs gave great tools out. What is very surprising to me is the overall lack of story telling the modding community is capable of.

Anyone actually play this? I have 200+ hours already logged and its still amazing.

I've played it, and it's extremely glitchy, many bugs and such. Seems as though they rushed it to get it out on time and hopefully theyll release a patch for it or something.

The consoles are very bad but the PC isn't really troublesome. They have already release a couple patches and are working on a lot more.

Couldn't have started a new topic. But not me.

Fallout 3 was epic epic epic... but it kills me that Fallout: New Vegas is so buggy.

Partially because crashes ruin what should be an incredible experience.

And partially because this is the same core engine that Elder Scrolls 5 is supposed to be running on. They had BETTER nail that game, considering how long they've made us wait!

Personally I like Fallout series more the the ES series but thats partially because it was one of the first serious PC games I ever played.

If you look at it FO3 is the same as ES4 and FONV is the same as FO3.

ES4->FO3= Reskins.

FO3->FONV=New Content.

I loved ES4 and will most certainly buy ES5. I love the engine that these games run on. I will admit though that It needs to be overhauled and a ton of new stuff added.

Hopefully that change will come with either the next FO or the ES5.