Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
BlackOperation19

Old theme

25 posts in this topic

Darkness?

So I take it the upgrade and new themes aren't being enjoyed? You can only use skins and modifications on the board versions they were designed for. That is unless the creator re-codes them to work with a different version.

Its the same thing with operating systems. If a company make a piece of software for an old version of Windows its generally not going to work with a new version unless the company re-codes it to.

Heres the company who made the Blue Darkness skin: http://www.gpf-design.com/

I love the update, everything is so pretty. I think the new themes are excellent.

I think so as well.

Now I'm not saying I didn't like the old default skin because I really did or it wouldn't have been the default for two and a half years. If it worked with the new board version it would have been the first skin I installed. We'll have to wait and see if the company updates it to work with this version. Seems like they are more out of business than anything else but you never know.

Maybe I can find a comparable skin.

I think it was nice because it was dark and basic something you would expect from a site like E8.

But I do agree with you the old theme did work for a default. It sets the tone.

HA! Check it out the Blue Darkness skin is back! I never imagined that it would be updated to work with the newest board version. The skin hadn't been updated in a number of years nor was the site. So I figured there would be no chance of it ever being updated and here it is. :thumbsup:

Haha epicly classic.

Its now our fastest loading skin as well.

I'm almost contemplating if it should be the default one. Due to the speed and how it matches the main page and the Eon8 theme in general.

Although I did upload another skin called Toxic thats similar, almost as fast, and has more going on for it graphic wise. I made it visible so it can now be selected. Theres no header though. But if its liked enough to keep, that part can come later.

I think with a color change Toxic should be.

I think with a color change Toxic should be.

You're speaking of the green? I'm not sure if that can be changed. Well easily anyway. What color did you have in mind?

Toxic- my new skin!

Jeez director where do you find these O.o

Theres a board called IPBSource thats dedicated to pirated IPB software. Skins, mods, etc...

If you want to keep the /green/

E8ToxicColor.png

If not.

E8ToxicWhite.png

I will have to work on it.

I put up the green one. It would be difficult and time consuming to turn everything from say green to grey but not impossible.

Hello Shopkeep, I would like to buy your finest Photoshops!

Fresh out of the CS, We still has the elements if your interested.