Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

A couple quick notes

59 posts in this topic

As you can see I opened the board last night. Everything went fairly smoothly. You'd be surprised how many steps are involved in doing so.

While I was at it I fixed the boards error 404 page. It was supposed to show the eye thing but instead it just showed a broken image. Its been like that for a really long time. I just never got around to fixing it.

I also edited and uploaded the robots.txt file thats needed for the search engine spiders. Its something else I've been meaning to do.

Last but not least I set it so you can now change the background of your profile page. I knew this new version of the board software had this feature but didn't realize that it had to be manually enabled. For some reason though it doesn't work with the Evolution skin. I sent the skins creators an email about it and am waiting for a reply.

I got the eye, and I created and uploaded a background for my profile thanks

I got a reply about the problem with the Evolution skin profile backgrounds. The creators of it want to come here to check it out for themselves. I don't want them to as it will uncover my identity. I think I might tell them to try it on their own board and see what happens.

I also sent Adbrite an email to re-evaluate my header ad so that it could be approved. It looks like they did as its now working. Though it was all for nothing as its the wrong size.

EDIT: Fixed the header ad size.

Is there some sorta error message?

Would it be something with the coding?

More than likely.

I just added a skin called Paradox. It might be a little too colorful for my liking. I'm pretty sure I can change the orange boxes to grey though.

Ohhhh I'll take a look.

Say yea, other than the Orange and the Logo it would fit.

Say I tried looking for some themes, what they really need to do is some backwards compatibility.

Yeah that would be nice. The problem is with each new board version they add and change things around just enough to make that impossible.

I worked on the Paradox skin for most of the night and I think its turning out great. I still have a number of things to do with it but its 9:30 in the morning and I'm off to sleep for the day. It might just be my favorite skin believe it or not. Just because its the fastest loading one and looks the best with the resolution I use on my size monitor.

If anyone wants to attempt the header graphic for this skin be my guest.

logogp.png

It has to fit in the above rectangle and use that background.

Ill take a swing at it once I get the chance. I'm at work sooo.............but I will have to take a look at the paradox skin.