Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

Eon8 Interview

10 posts in this topic

Jens Lenler a journalist at the Danish National Daily Politiken interviewed Louis EX (A kid that created the Eon8 fansite)

1. How did you get aware of the site?

A. I was surfing the net when my friend message me about "Eon8", at first I thought it was a hoax. But when I saw this YTMND http://eon8theinvestigation.ytmnd.com/ , I was convinced that it was real.

2. What did you do to solve the mystery - (discuss it with friends, try to crack the codes, collect information or whatever)?

A. I didn't, its information collected by one of the members in the Eon8 Forums, though most of it was discussed and some may be not true.

3. When did you make your fansite and why?

A. After the Eon8 Countdown was over. Everyone was dissapointed that it was a hoax (Some people really wanted "The End Of The World). I saw an opportunity and thought that "Hey! Eon8 would make a great fansite!". After I was finished the site. I wanted to get Mike's attention. So I try to find a way to contact him. Could'n do it (What other people said was true that it was impossible to contact him). So I saw one link in his website which went to an article.

4. How did you experience the moment when the countdown reached zero? You write a bit about it - but it would be funny to have a description of the situation. What did you expect?

A. I was enjoying the suspense, cause in my mind what I was thinking was (Hoax 50% and Real 50%). I really wanted to know what will happen! Cause the whole site really looked serouis! So I was enjoying the moment with my friend in a Instant Message Conversation. I could not add enter the site cause it has heavy traffic so I was asking my friend in the conversation "How many minutes left?!?!?, tell me!". Worst come to worst, my friend went crazy and was saying to me "I'm SORRY FOR INSULTING YOU THAT TIME! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!", something like that if I can remember. When the countdown went 0. He was like "What Happen? I can't access the site! (Due to heavy traffic). Finally my buddy and I saw the whole truth when we finally was able to access the site. It was a hoax. So my friend said that it was fun while it last. My thoughts were the same. We have all been tricked by a internet mastermind.

5. What are your afterthoughts about the project. What did you learn and what can we learn as a society?

I thought the creator of the project had serouisly nothing to do. He said that his website doesn't have a threat in it. But actually there is one. There's this map with lots of red dots in it. He didn't explain what was it but it sure looked like a threat. The red dots could represent targets for missile attacks. Since the website has "lack of information". I think there's lots of people willing to find out about it, and there's no wrong in it.

Actually I didn't learn anything but I hope others can learn to have a sense of humour. Cause some people are just really pissed off and hacked his website.

Thanks for interviewing me. I enjoyed it. This is the first interview I ever had. If there's spelling mistakes OR grammer mistakes. Sorry, I'm just 15 years old. :D

What the fucking hell is this?

Just what it says. While the countdown timer was going on this person made an Eon8 fansite. He was subsequently interviewed about Eon8 by some Danish publication.

Ohh danish. Thats why.

I was going to say some reporter interviewed a fan site but not the runner of the official E8 website.

I was talking bout YOU Eon.

Oooohh, well we would have to do something really extreme I'd imagine. I'll wait for Nexus to use that Eon8 stencil to tag the front door of the White House.

I want that picture.