Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

Diaspora

19 posts in this topic

Social networking sites don't interest me in the least and will join this one just to plug Eon8 like I did with Myspace. Anyway what are your thoughts about it? Its opening for registration this Wednesday the 15th.

http://www.joindiaspora.com/

Article: http://www.walyou.com/blog/2010/09/09/diaspora-the-anti-facebook-project/

It doesn't look really like Myspace and Facebook. It looks like its going to be more indepth.

LinkedIn seems more like a "professional" site. Looks like what chat roulette wanted to be, a serious site; we all know how that turned out. I think that they are not going to be as successful though.

Anyone know where the origin of the name would be?

Definitions of diaspora on the Web:

the body of Jews (or Jewish communities) outside Palestine or modern Israel

the dispersion of the Jews outside Israel; from the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 587-86 BC when they were exiled to Babylonia up to the present time

the dispersion or spreading of something that was originally localized (as a people or language or culture)

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

So then its a strange name to name a open-networking service.

Tomorrows the day it opens for registration. I don't know when exactly. Tonight right after midnight maybe?

I will probably sign up to see what it is.

OMG THEN WE CAN LYKE TOTALLY POST OUR LIKES AND DISLIKES AND THEN LIKE AND DISLIKE EACH OTHERS LIKES AND DISLIKES.

YO DAWG I HERD YOU LIEK LIEKS SO WE PUT SOME LIEKS IN YOUR DISLIEKS SO YOU CAN DISLIEK WHILE YOU LIEK

Never mind...

"To clarify, September 15 will be our open-source developer release. At that time, we will open up our github repository, publish our roadmap, and shift our development style to be more community oriented. We intend on launching a consumer facing alpha in October. Join our mailing list to get an invite."

LOL thats so weird, having an Alpha.

An open alpha for a networking site?